Liberal Assassination Plot

What the liberal media doesn't want you to know is that Robertson isn't the only one who can succumb to diarrhea of the mouth.

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/8/24/122804.shtml[/url]

Now, why is it that liberals spout off about Robertson making a fool of himself and try to paint conservative Christians as the equivalent of Muslim Fundamentalist Terrorists, but when one of their own advocated the exact same thing, they were strangely silent?

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This isn't about liberals or conservatives. The issue was that a self-professed man of God, a guy who claims to speak to Jesus was advocating murder. That's the rub.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-27-05 AT 07:23AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Robertson and Stephanopoulis are both political commentators regardless of past careers. Stephanopoulis made his remark shortly after leaving the White House employ. He had been in a position of authority, close to the President, thus his remarks could have been taken more seriously with the perception there may have been high level support with far worse ramifications. Robertson spoke from the political stage but without credential. As Slogan said, he was vilified due to his far right political position. He was used as an example that those on the right, expecially if they have a religious affiliation, are neandertals. His distant past as a preacher was incidental.

edit:

Quote from Robertson's 700 Club website:
    "The 700 Club is a news/magazine program that has the variety and pacing of a morning show with in-depth investigative reporting by the CBN News team. Whether reporting live from the scene of a terrorist attack or a natural disaster, CBN News brings coverage on major events affecting our nation. The Washington Bureau reports on news from the capitol and correspondents report on events and trends that shape the world from Moscow to Jerusalem."
  • I'm too lazy to do the research - but who was President when Allende was assasinated?
  • Ray, don't forget about Teddy "Swimmer" Kennedy calling Bush's nominations to the courts "Neanderthals". Of course it's political. The press ahs crucified Robertson accusing him of worsening already tense relations. The liberal media will not nor have they ever renounced their own.

But Robertson, he's fair game becuase he is conservative and a minister. Do I agree with what he said? No. But I would have hoped the media would have been fair & treated Chappaquidick (sic) Teddy the same. No way. So any time the media can make hay out of a really, really far right conservative they will. The really, really far left (Kenndey-all of them, Mikey Moore, et. al.) get a pass.
  • Slogan, do you really mean to gloss over the drubbing Ted Kennedy took at the hands of the so-called "liberal" media after Chappaquiddick? They crucified him! Have you forgotten about that?
  • I don't mean to gloss over it one bit. But they did hound him day & night for his resignation like they did for Newt or Lott and some others (over trivial matters none-the-less). Even to this day, the liberal media hold up Kennedy as a pargon of what is right & just. He is sought after on talk shows as one of the most influencial senators who hold the line against the right (of which I am a member). Since it has been 40 years since his famous plunge, he has been exonerated by the press for his lack of discrescion. Tell me honestly that a conservative would even have a chance at staying in office if he (or she) had done what Kennedy had done. No way. their head would have been on a silver platter and paraded in public (symbolisticly speaking.)

One more example of the liberal media bias...how much have you heard on the news (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NYT, LAT, etc) about the illegal contributions from non-profit oragnizations in NYC to Air America. Tell me who made the contributions and how much was contributed.
  • I assume Air America doesn't refer to the commonly used nickname for the CIA's covert air transport service?

What in the heck is Air America?
  • You are correct, it does not refer to the CIA air transport service, which was a good movie with Mel Gibson...at least I liked it.

Air America is the latest liberal attempt to capture the radio waves. They had a hard time coming up with the funding to get started and it hasn't gotten any better. Al Franken is one of their main talk show host. I will let you take it from there, but your quetion makes my point.
  • Well it stands to reason that liberals would tap Al Franken as a radio spokesperson - at least he's funny. Which is more than can be said about Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Pat Robertson, et al.

The liberal camp has never been able to capture the American imagination on the radio. Guess it must be because they use multi-syllabic words and can string three words into a coherent sentence without using inflammatory language. x;-) Hope you realize I'm just kidding, Slogan. And Ray.

Bear in mind that some of us (we?) who (whom?) you consider "liberals" do have independent thought processes not dictated by bumper stickers and can construct opinions that do not fit into the cookie-cutter pattern for either party. They are not liberal, nor are they conservative. Personally, I agree with many conservative views -same sex marriage, for example, but when it comes to the war, I am definitely a conservative who thinks the Conservatives (with a capital "C") took a wrong turn at the fork in the road. And the country will be worse off for it.

On the News Hour with Jim Lehrer on PBS (okay, I'm waiting for comments on the "liberal slant" on PBS), one of the analysts (a Vietnam veteran) said that we learned, in Vietnam, how to fight an insurgency just before we boogied out of there with our tails between our legs. He said that the trick is to not chase after the insurgents (which is what we're doing now) but to defend and protect the locals. As the circle of protection gets wider and wider, the civilians you are protecting begin to help you. We don't have that. We're using combat patrols and employing tactics that were obsolete many years ago.

So, we have the opportunity to learn, but we haven't. Look at the cards, look at the opponents, and just fold.

By the way, Al Franken does an hilarious impersonation of Pat Robertson on "The Best of Saturday Night Live - SNL Presidential Bash" Everyone gets nailed and it has something for Conservatives and Liberals - and those of us who think.

• "...they use multi-syllabic words and can string three words into a coherent sentence without using inflammatory language."

The liberal Michael Moore is obnoxious, vituperative, irreverent, demeaning, and just plain ugly. But indubitably not inflammatory. Hey Beag, the evil twin, those two sentences weren't too bad for a monosyllabic conservative, huh?
  • Raymond! You should be ashamed for bringing Mr. Moore into the discussion. (I'll try to be multisyllabic here). He has joined a fat-farm and is trying so very hard to change his image, if not his political one, his physical one. But, a fat man in a white shirt and tie and ball cap can only do so much. He's currently in a race with Hillary to see which one can change his/her image the fastest in the next two years. My money's on Hillary.

And, in case you have not noticed, but I am sure you have, when your friend monobeagle says "Just Kidding", you can bet your sweet ass he means just the opposite. He's like the acid-tongued Sunday writers who typically say, "With all due respect," when they don't mean that and think it will sugar coat the acid.

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
    Charlie Chaplin

• Don, are you comparing Hillary's and Michael's physical or political images?
  • 1) Never trust a woman with fat ankles who always wears pink.

2) Never trust a man who wears a tie and ball cap (at the same time).

3) Both need to shave more often.

4) Both say they're sick and tired. They're right about the first part.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-29-05 AT 02:16PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Because that's political life in the US today - dump on the other side and minimize the mistakes of their own side. Yell a lot about how their side is "right" and the other "wrong". There is no middle. It starts in Washington, supported by the media and the public follows suit. As far as the alleged "liberal bias" of the liberal media is concerned, isn't there a "conservative bias" on the part of the conservative media? If one doesn't like the bias of one side or the other, they can listen to those that think alike and have their views confirmed 24/7?