Vegas

I'm getting married in Vegas on March 31st and we will be there a week. Any shows that people suggest that are must sees?

Thanks!

Comments

• 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've never been to Vegas but welcome to the forum and congratulations on your wedding!!!
  • My Mom absolutely loved the Blue Man Group. She said it's worth the extra $$ for tickets.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-14-05 AT 04:49PM (CST)[/font][br][br][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-14-05 AT 04:46 PM (CST)[/font]

• I guess safety is saying that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
  • I have several suggestions for the honeymoon bride in Vegas; but, I am afraid that as soon as I post them, they will be snatched away by the Forum Gestapo. I won't bother to post them and edit them out like our friend Safety did. x:-)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 06:41AM (CST)[/font][br][br]The wax museum, right next to the Venetian, is awesome. Even the gift shop has a wax shopper and a wax checkout clerk, but it's hard to tell. I kept staring at the shopper because, man, she was beautiful. As I "got" closer to her I started to sense something wasn't quite right. When I finally realized what was going on, it was much to the delight of the real clerks and, of course, my wife who is just as beautiful.

I also saw a plane crash in the mountains one morning as I was looking out my hotel room window. However I don't believe that was scheduled and I doubt that they will do it again for you. I read in the paper the next day that the student pilot (roh-roh) and the instructor were killed.

I also like the guys on every street corner "flipping" their girly cards at you. And, of course, the sidewalk vendors who have just about anything you could want. I especially enjoyed the little stand where the guy was selling hot dogs and internet access. I couldn't quite figure out the synergy there.

Being a student of the mafia and the history thereof, I had to visit the coffee shop at the Stardust, go across the street to the Flamingo, and had to see if it was really true that the strip hotels are limited to 31 stories.

Have fun!!!
  • xclap Congrats! We loved Mystique! But get there at least 20 minutes before the show starts - because it really starts before it is scheduled to. You'll understand if you go.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 08:05AM (CST)[/font][br][br]The Stratasphere..off the strip...does a musical review that is really entertaining..and usually the discount books at the hotel offer a buy one get one deal...

If you like comedy...the comedy club at the Tropicana is pretty good.

and each hotel on the stip does it's own "show" after dark....the Bellagio has fountains with lights and music....Tropicana used to do a laser show...you just walk the strip and you'll see them...they are free and it's nice to be out when it's not so HOT!

Congratulations and enjoy!!!

PS the rollercoaster at NY NY is worth doing, once. But get on the list early...some days it fills up quickly.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 10:12AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Here's a couple of things to do that are not on the strip: The overhead laser light show downtown is pretty cool, and a side trip through the dessert out to Hoover Dam can be a nice break from the neon and hype.

Have fun! Viva Lost Wages!
  • Congrats and best wishes! I got married in Vegas on March 25 one year. Lovely ceremony, awesome weather, lucky gambling, went to the dam and to a lake and saw a show with topless dancers and ate good food and had a round bed with a mirrored ceiling in the honeymoon suite of Balley's then drove home to L.A. and got divorced 8 years later. Maybe if I'd been less lucky in gambling I might have been luckier in love? :DD
  • Topless dancers, round bed, mirrored ceiling, divorce. Hmmm. Next time go with a Republican.
  • Congratulations! I also got married in Vegas (didn't last). It was a late Saturday night and we stood in line at the courthouse for some time... then the guy in front of us got his paperwork and was filling in out... turned to his soon to be wife and said in the most serious manner "what was your last name again?"

My ex and I about lost it... of course we were already laughing so hard about getting married in Vegas by Elvis that it didn't take much!

Such a surreal moment in my life... the clerk only asked my ex if his legal name was Ronnie.. no other questions...
  • I want to hear more about the mirrors.
  • No mirrors in my Vegas wedding... at least no mirrors that I remember.

Of course we were a poor Army family and stayed at the cheapest room we could possible find and stayed as far away from it as possible the entire time we were there.
  • He was a republican when I met him but converted to democracy for me (heck he converted to Judaism for his first wife...) now he's a republic again and agnostic...go figure.
  • I had forgotten about "old" Las Vegas...yes...that is absolutely worth seeing...there are also some great places to eat down there...
  • However, beware, the days of the scrumptious but cheap buffet are all but gone. Heck our buffet is pretty expensive, and we're in Arizona!
  • First - Congratulations!

I agree with Shadowfax that you should certainly see "Mystique." You'll be amazed! The escape and ride to Hoover Dam is awesome. Two completely different experiences, but both worthwhile.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-17-05 AT 08:18AM (CST)[/font][br][br]duplicate
  • A year and a half ago, I was married in Vegas. I was with my SO at his TruValue conference (good times!). Our last night we went to downtown for the light show. We were getting in a cab back to the hotel, when I was asked if wanted to go home married. The cab driver directed us to the Marriage Office (cash only, but they have an ATM). Leaving there, we were surrounded by chapel reps with all sort of packaages. We went with the $49 and limo back to the hotel special. At the chapel we were offered wedding rings, Elvis, rent by the minute dresses/tux, and plastic flowers (grave robbers?). We kept with the $49 no frills. While we were leaving, we saw the ambulance with Roy leaving the Mirage.
  • I absolutely loved Battista's Hole in the Wall, a cozy Italian family owned restaurant Mid-Strip, behind the Flamingo and Barbary Coast. I will go back again and again.

Take a gondola ride at the Venetia, should prove to be very romantic and cheesey. They even serenade you with Italian love songs. I loved it.
  • Thanks to all! We couldn't find Mystique but we went to Jubilee, Tony and Tina's wedding, and the Blue Man Group. Really enjoyed Vegas!

Wedding went great - got married at the Flamingo - really fun, beautiful, and stress free, it was great!