For the ladies.....

Last Night
===========

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed at home.

He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed, "Dear Lord, I go to work every day and put in eight hours while my wife merely stays at home.

I want her to know what I go through, so please create a
trade in our bodies."

God, in His infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish.

The next morning, sure enough, the man awoke as a woman.

He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning, took it to the cleaners and stopped at the bank to draw out money to pay the power bill and telephone bill, drove to the power company and the phone company and paid the bills, went grocery shopping, came home and put away the groceries. He
cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog.

Then it was already 1:00 p.m. and he hurried to make the
beds, do the laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor. He ran to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them on the way home. He set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized to do their homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while he did the ironing.

At 4:30 PM he began peeling potatoes and washed greens for salads, breaded the chops and snapped fresh beans for supper.

After supper, he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher,
folded laundry, bathed the kids, and put them to bed. At 9:00 PM he was exhausted and though his chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he was expected to make love, which he managed to get through without complaint.

The next morning, he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said, " Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's being able to stay home all day.

Please, O Lord please, let us trade back."

The Lord, in His infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel
you have learned your lesson, and I will be happy to change things back to the way they were.

You'll have to wait 9 months, though.

You got pregnant last night!!!"

Comments

• 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • God would not do that! She is much too benevelont. x:-)
  • HA! Even after we get a full-time job they still expect it all to get done.
  • Okay, not to nitpick here, but when was this written? In the '50s? Who goes to the bank to withdraw money for paying bills, then goes to the utilities directly and pays them? That's a waste of a couple hours, at least. Ironing? What about the cleaners? Peeling potatoes? Snapping fresh beans (whatever that is)?

• So right. I hate ironing!

But even with on-line banking and direct debit, there's just not enough hours in a day any more.

• Who pays utility bills directly. Pretty soon me, that's the way it is still done in Mexico, at least in Guanajuato. Phone, too.
  • In Hermosillo, you also had to get on the bus, dodge psycho traffic crossing the street, guess when the office/bank/company is open, stand in a long line, have exact change (or the checkbook) . . . ah, memories. I didn't actually live there - just visited - but I'm getting a pretty serious hankering just the same. Gillian, let me know if you need a part time roommate! x:D
  • Sign her on G3! Her hobbies are farming and grant writing. Add bringing pipes and slippers and you are set for life.
  • Pay on line,
    Use instant potatoes and canned green beans (add butter and seasoning), and why do you think God gave us microwaves, fast food and sub shops?
    Buy permanent press (what's an ironing board?)
    Teach the kids to dust and make the beds,
    Bathe the dog only once a week,

and voila! You can work a full-time job too! It's a juggling act. Even a man could do it.
  • Sorry, Sam. Permanent press is a contradiction in terms. Even those garments need to be pressed if you want a crisp crease, so ironing and dry cleaning are still things you need to do from time to time.

Instant potatoes? No way.

But at least we know your modus operandi now. Do you use the time you save to catalogue, cross-reference and polish your shoes? x;-)
  • Ouch, Beag! Of course I go to the dry cleaners and I get my shoes repaired and polished. I use the money I save from not having a maid. I make good instant potatoes! The next day you ad a can of corn and make potato cakes! I should post it, it's so good!
  • The best line was waiting 9 months because he got pregnant!

Imagine being 9 months pregnant and making breakfast, packing lunches, dropping kids off at school, making beds, vacuuming, sitting at the computer to balance the check book and make payments online, only to have your computer freeze and re-starting your computer not once but twice only to have the website your trying to view read "Not Found, the requested url/index was not found on this server!!!"

Cooking dinner and so on.....

Then trying to sleep at night when some body part is constantly going numb(if you lay on your right side your right arm goes numb so you roll over and sleep on your left so that the left arm can go numb for a while. And that is if you can even lie down because of acid reflux and all your organs being pushed up into your chest.

What fun!
  • Oh, and don't forget getting your insides bruised from the baby kicking...real relaxing.
  • ...and swollen feet & hands, and most important MORNING SICKNESS which can occur at any time of the day.
  • You girls are crazy! Quit Whining! The husband, in cases of pregnancy, has to wait longer for her to bring him a beer, waits for her to get the garage cleaned out, and while she slowly rolls the garbage can out to the street, he sits much longer in his chair waiting on breakfast. The husband really faces the brunt of this whole thing!
  • Don, how would you like a kick in the knee?
  • Don,
    Did your wife not beat you enough this weekend?

That you are looking for more punishment from the women of the forum.

• Many years ago, before husbands were allowed in the delivery room, my mother was delivering my sister. As she was in labor, the nurse came in and told my mother that since my father needed some diversion, she had given him some magazines to read. A while later, the nurse came in and said that they had an extra meal and since my father hadn't eaten, they gave it to him. A while later, the came back and said that my father looked sleepy, so they gave him a blanket and pillow so he could lie down if he wanted to. At this point my mother told the nurse "I don't give a %$#@$#. **&^%$*& my husband's needs. I'm the one in labor." Whereupon, the nurse gave my mother a lecture on attitude and particularly the proper respect of one's spouse.

As an aside, my parents are stilled married after 64 years.
  • Hoorah for them!!! And I'm sure there are multiple lessons here for you girls. Whatever's dad had it all correct! Those nurses damned sure owed him a pampered visit while he struggled in the waiting room. The women were already taken care of. They should have offered him a shrimp coctail and a footbath as well. Sheeesh!
  • Don, I have no intention of replying. All I ask is that you let me send this to your wife and your mother. xpray