Seminars for Women-For HR in TX

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-27-05 AT 02:58PM (CST)[/font][br][br][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-27-05 AT 02:57 PM (CST)[/font]

(Prepared and presented by Males)
First my apologies...this is for HR in NH

1. Elementary map reading

2. Crying and law enforcement

3. Advanced math seminar: Programming your VCR

4. You can go shopping for less than 4 hours

5. Gaining five pounds vs. the end of the world: A study in contrast.

6. PMS: It's your problem, not mine

7. Makeup and Driving; it's as simple as oil and water

8. Football: Not a game, a sacrament

9. Why your mother is unwelcome in the house

10. Gift giving fundamentals (Formerly titled, "Fabric bad, Electronics good")

11. Yes, you can fill up at a self service station

12. Joys of the remote control ( Formerly titled, “Reaping the benefits of 50 channels “)

13. What comes around, goes around: Why his credit card is not a toy

14. His poker games: Deal yourself out

15. Commitment Schmittment (Formerly titled, "Wedlock Schmedlock")

16. To honor and obey: Remembering the small print above "I do"

Comments

• 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Brave man, Slogan. Of course you posted and edited twice within 3 minutes. Did I ever post about the time my wife called me at work to ask permission to use the credit card? Really, she did.
  • Was she using it in the card reader at the divorce lawyer's office?
  • Thanks Slogan, but:

1. I can read maps and make a darn good co-pilot
    2. You are mistaking me for another forumite
    3. I don't tape things from the tv and my clock is on the wall
    4. I'm in counseling for this (jk)
    5. I need to lose 5 lbs?
    6. PMS: Pack My Suitcase or Pass My Shotgun
    7. I don't wear/need makeup
    8. OK, sign me up for this class!
    9. unwelcome to smoke but ok to visit
    10. see # 4
    11. Regular or high-test?
    12. Only 50 channels? Last I checked there were 500
    13. I don't need his credit card
    14. We prefer Dominos
    15. Sigh...
    16. Sigh again...

• Gosh Slogan, how old is this thing?

1. Elementary map reading - [url]www.mapquest.com[/url], trust me, it works, directions and all.
    2. Crying and law enforcement - photo radar limits that possibility
    3. Advanced math seminar: Programming your VCR. - VCR??? You've got to be kidding! TIVO baby, TIVO.
    4. You can go shopping for less than 4 hours - only if I have high speed internet.
    5. Gaining five pounds vs. the end of the world: A study in contrast. - Then I would no longer have to worry about the five pounds would I?
    6. PMS: It's your problem, not mine. - Do you actually say this out loud?
    7. Makeup and Driving; it's as simple as oil and water. - Did you make this one up when you were behind the wheel talking on your cell phone?
    8. Football: Not a game, a sacrament. - Amen.
    9. Why your mother is unwelcome in the house. - All she wants to do is have a beer. What's wrong with that?
    10. Gift giving fundamentals (Formerly titled, "Fabric bad, Electronics good"). - Duh.
    11. Yes, you can fill up at a self service station. - Okay this is the real sign of how old this thing is...where in the world would you find a full service gas station?
    12. Joys of the remote control (Formerly titled, “Reaping the benefits of 50 channels) - Refer to HRin NH.
    13. What comes around, goes around: Why his credit card is not a toy. - Ditto to above.
    14. His poker games: Deal yourself out. - My SO doesn't particularly care for poker because I always have to tell him what beats what.
    15. Commitment Schmittment (Formerly titled, "Wedlock Schmedlock"). - From Wedlock Schmedlock to Commitment Schmittment?!? Someone has never been married before - The two are entirely different.
    16. To honor and obey: Remembering the small print above "I do." - Small print indeed. There's a reason I've been single for 15 years.

• Not so sure I agree with Ray's assessment that you're "brave" slogan. More like... well, I'm not sure what. Talk about yanking on a tiger's tale!

That having been said, it is nice to see someone step up to the plate and draw fire from the women while others (such as myself) just kinda sit back and watch. x;-)

• Guess i can say I'm takin' a lickin'...but I'm styill tickin'! Unfortunately my wife has the same opinion as the others.
  • Beagle, I mean no disrespect but I think your admiration may be a bit misguided. Slogan should enroll in the elementary map reading class himself (HRinTX=South, HRinNH=North) /:)

Oh BTW Leslie... th-up

• Speaking of map reading; it's entirely debatable as to whether or not Texas is in The South. New Hampshire, who knows? I think it's the same as New York and Massachusetts and Vermont.
  • And Florida is the same as MS.
  • I lived in Texas for one year and it's definitely in THE South. As far as NH, yes, it's alligned nicely with VT, ME and MA, and NY is in there somewhere too.

Cheryl C.
  • Okay, I'm game...What section is Texas in (do not say the NE, we will not accept it)?
  • Texas fought with the Confederacy, so in that context, they are in The South. I have friends in Texas who will argue vehemently the point of their being Southern. I won't argue with them. However, when the argument turns to definition of Deep South, Texas don't make the cut. Then they begin the slow slide to the West and anybody knows you don't want to be associated with the left coast, which is true west. Yes, it is true that the South will let folks pass through, some even being allowed to reside for a full year as in the case of the NH lady. But, Southern don't rub off. It only gets envied.
  • Beagle, he's either brave or foolish. Doesn't matter, either way he woke up Leslie.
  • In defense of me, the first edit was to correct my mistake of saying HR was in TX. That however was not possible to do hence the disclaimer at the beginning of the post.

As to map reading, I am profoundly adapt to reading various maps including Topo's since I am in the mountains so often. Which means I can make my way from NM thru TX (as quckly as possible) and on the NH. But then, why would I want too?
  • Can't handle the 'elevation'? It's beautiful here, that's why. Mt Washington area boasts many good ski areas.

• No doubt that it is beutiful, but do your ski areas start at an elevation of at least 8,000ft above sea level? For a sample, go to [url]www.durangomountainresort.com[/url].
  • I'm not a skiier (surprise!) but no, our mt. peaks can't match those. Mt. Washington is the highest peak in the Northeast (6,888' above sea level). Bretton Woods is the ski resort at Mt. Washington so you can check out this link to get the flavor [u][url]http://www.brettonwoods.com[/url][/u]

Have a good weekend!
    Cheryl C.
  • I have little to add what the other awesome women have commented is so correct.

2. I will only say that in my 30+ years of very fast driving I have only received 1 speeding ticket (by a female of course) so crying and law enforcement does work.

and

4. I can easily spend a $1000 in under an hour why shop for 4?