Blonde In PA

Subject: BLONDE IN PENNSYLVANIA

As a trucker stops for a red light, a blonde catches up. She jumps out of her car, runs up to his truck, and knocks on the door. The trucker lowers the window, and she says, "Hi, my name is Heather and you are losing some of your load."

The trucker ignores her and proceeds down the street. When the truck stops for another red light, the girl catches up again.

She jumps out of her car, runs up and knocks on the door. Again, the trucker lowers the window. As if they've never spoken, the blonde says brightly, "Hi my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!"

Shaking his head, the trucker ignores her again and continues down the street. At the third red light, the same thing happens again. All out of breath, the blonde gets out of her car, runs up, and knocks on the truck door. The trucker lowers the window. Again she says, "Hi, my name is Heather, and you are losing some of your load!

When the light turns green the trucker revs up and races to the next light. When he stops this time, he hurriedly gets out of the truck, and runs back to the blonde. He knocks on her window, and as she lowers it, he says.."Hi, my name is Kevin, it's winter in PENNSYLVANIA and I'm driving the SALT TRUCK.

Comments

• 38 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think I was behind her this past weekend in Philly until I realized she was actually dropping the f-bomb on the truck in front of her for having a big Steelers "The Curtain is Comin'" flag.

Nothing like Philly/South Jersey fiesty women. Till you marry one, that is..............
  • What happens to them after you marry them? Do they suddenly revert to kinder behaviors?
  • >What happens to them after you marry them? Do
    >they suddenly revert to kinder behaviors?

Actually.....No. My ex-wife was hell on wheels. She was impossible to domesticate :)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-26-05 AT 08:24AM (CST)[/font][br][br]This would be funny if I weren't a blonde in PA! Last Saturday I watched from my livingroom window as tons of salt was dropped on the street in front of my house and tandem plow trucks raced to keep up with the falling snow! I hate winter...I hate snow even more and ice even more than that.

In the words of the immortal Johnny Cash...I'm goin down to Florida and get some sand in my shoes!

Looks like the curtain closed on the Steelers.

GO EAGLES!!!
  • Well, in 1966 Ole John Cash got some potting soil in his shoes. He was arrested in Starkville, Mississippi, drunk, in a woman's flowerbed (we don't call them gardens). He had performed at Mississippi State and was disoriented.
  • I can understand being disoriented after being at the University, I think it has happened to the best of us. I've found my self in more than one flower bed (and I call them flower beds too, in fact where my father lives, a lady actually has a bed with flowers planted in it...a flower bed).

As I recall, he did sing about going to Jackson as well...and wreckin his health. God bless his soul, he did have his troubles. Now I'll be singin Johnny Cash all day!
  • In todays paper the AZ Republic, a letter to the editor chastised the paper for making a big deal out of the deaths of Johnny Carson and Ray Charles, but nothing when Johnny Cash died.

A little late to ask why.
  • Are you tellin' me the comment about Jersey fiesty women being beyond domestication is going unchallenged???
  • Don Dear, you may not have noticed but that particular comment was made by a red neck. A real Southern boy.

His reply was, "My ex-wife was hell on wheels. She was impossible to domesticate :)" I fear I may have to educate those from the South that the meaning of the word domesticate is quite different in Jersey than it is in the South.

In the South to domesticate means keep 'em bare foot and pregnant. Yep, us Jersey gals are hell on wheels. You have to run to keep up with us.
    And..... we do NOT domesticate.

• I hate to disappoint you. I'm neither a red neck nor a Southern boy. Italian-Spanish Yankee is closer and I prefer barefoot and naked versus pregnant.

In any event, tame instead of domesticate is probably a better term.

• Nice try...but whether you use domesticate or tame, the feisty NJ women are going to get you.
  • Don D. - Thanks for posting this story. I have been wondering where my sister-in-law ended up since she left home and now I know!!!!!
  • You know, I wonder if Heather is really a pseudonym for Sam. She may have been on one of her shoe shopping sprees in Philly.
  • Ah ha! He emerges from hiding like the Loch Neste and echoes the antagonistic refrain. Not shoes. Boots. Ever listen to Nancy Sinatra back in the 60's?

x;-)
  • BLONDE IN MN

One winter morning a husband and wife in northern MN were listening to the radio during breakfast.

They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the snowplows can get through."

So the good wife went out and moved her car. A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snowplows can get through." The good wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week they are again having breakfast, when the
    radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park..."

Then the electric power went out.

The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "Honey, I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snowplows can get through?"

With the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married to Blondes exhibit, the husband replied,

"Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time?"

• OH!! Now my sister-in-law has moved from PA to MN and has gotten married.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-28-05 AT 02:37PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Your sister in law moved to Phoenix and died her hair and bought a jeep. I know who she is.

Did TN HR say T A M E? What a remark! Domesticated sounds more benign. Tame as in taught to perform certain tricks and obey on command, roll over, sit up, fetch, Don't howl, be quiet? That's what tame means to me. Not sure what it means in Italy or South America. But, as is always the case with Ray and Beagle, you are allowed a few tries at extricating yourself publicly on the Forum. Hope you won't fail like they always do.
  • Don, nice try at fueling the fire. Webster's defines tame as "to bring under control" which is exactly what I found myself doing when her feistiness got out of control.

Tame in Italian can carry the same meaning depending on the context in which it is used. I can't comment about it's meaning in South America since I am not familiar with its idiom. You seem to make that mistake quite often in your posts. I'm referring to your incorrect assertion that Mexico is in South America.

Gene
  • Tame in Spanish is "doméstico" which sounds too much like domesticated to me...UGH...

• TN: So.....you couldn't tame the woman and that's because she was wild and outrageous? (As in "hell on wheels") Or because your macho brain power didn't understand the Jersey girl attitude?

Salt water taffy anyone?

My apologies to the Southern men.
  • Tame as in wild and outrageous. It had nothing to do with machismo, which, in its typical meaning, I lack. The Jersey girl attitude in it of itself is quite the pleasure.

Before you ask me to define her wild and outrageous behavior, suffice to say that it involved things like fist fights with other women in public.

Salt water taffy? I'd love some, but only if it's Frelinger's (sp?) from Ocean City.

Gene
  • Forgive them, Gene, for they know not what they do...

Truth be told, Don really doesn't think Mexico's in South America... he thinks it's in California.
  • Anything South of Texas is South America, is it not? Just as anything north of Tennessee is Yankee. So, what part of this don't you guys understand?
  • Don, since you asked...Central American is south of Texas which is in North America. Mexico is in Central America which is north of South America.

But I beg to differ with you about Kentucky and the Virginias being Yankee.

• Ha! Of course I was kidding about those north of Tennessee. I'm quite aware of which are the Yankee states. I capitalize it for Ray's sake. There's much more controversy about where South ends and West begins. Southern, as you will read from me on other venues, is a state of mine, not solely geographical. If Texas was ever Southern, it is slowly becoming un-so.
  • >Central American is south
    >of Texas which is in North America. Mexico is
    >in Central America which is north of South
    >America.
    >
    Nope. Mexico is in North America. Central America begins with Belize/Guatemala and extends to Panama.

South America begins in Colombia.
    Gene
  • I stand corrected...sigh...

• Next I guess you'll claim California is in the United States. Ha! Some Geographtician you are.
  • "If Texas was ever Southern, it is slowly becoming un-so." ????????? When was the last time you spent any time in Texas? Southern hospitality and southern mentality is rampant "down here"! Saying Texas isn't southern except geographically is just down right nasty!
    I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as quick as I could. :DD
  • I love it when you Southerners fight over who is more "southern". In this corner is Judy from Texas wearing the white trunks and in that corner is Don from Mississippi wearing the black trunks.