KERRY'S LATEST WHOPPER

Just saw Kerry standing on a stage in Ohio on Saturday (yesterday). This is one of the biggest lies I've heard in the campaign, coming from either side. He said, "This is the first president in 40 years to try to kill overtime. For those of you who take extra time away from your kids and families to work extra hours, this president tried to kill overtime." If people are ignorant enough to fall for that, they deserve what they get. WHATTAWHOPPER!

But, alas; today he's African American again and will be in the AME churches in Florida. Clinton was said to be 'the first black president', this guy's 'the first black candidate'.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • He's making his rounds as all candidates should. He was on the hispanic program "Sabado Gigante" last night talking with Don Francisco. He was outlining the things he wants to accomplish once in office. I don't speak Spanish fluently so something may have gotten lost in the translation but I think he said something about taking Salsa lessons and eat beans and rice with every meal. [jk]
  • Hey now HR, that is too funny - Beans and rice with every meal? Could that be why he is so full of...uuuhhhh....gas?x}>
    scorpio
  • I believe he made the same comment in one of the debates, but Bush let it pass. Wonder if Judy and Whirlwind agree with this position taken by Kerry?
  • It does not matter Ray! All that matters is 'We HATE Dubya!'
  • Oh, I forgot. This election is all about who was the smoother debater.
  • Don, while I appreciate your efforts to save me time by speaking for me, please don't bother. It costs me more time in the long run to attempt to disabuse you and others of your miscontrual of my positions. I believe this is the second time you've stated that I hate Bush. Wrong. I don't hate Bush, and -- believe it or not -- I don't particularly adore Kerry. I don't believe that "hate" has any place in rational debate.

As for the overtime remark, if he said it, he's wrong. That doesn't change my mind.

• WWind: I have revisited my penultimate post and do not find your name mentioned therein at all. Failing to understand your conclusion that I 'am speaking FOR you', I will take my leave.
  • I heard a quote this morning on the radio driving in during my 1 1/2 hour commute that pretty much sums it up for me. I can't recall exactly the wording or know who said it, but I know I like it!

On Tuesday when you go into the voting booth, you have 2 choices to carry in on your shoulders: Osama bin Ladin and his support of Kerry OR the future of our country, our kids, our grandkids....
    make your choice wisely.
  • Don,

Are you giving equal attention to the Whoppers coming out of the Bush camp?

He told quite a few big ones on NBC last night...

• I missed em, please tell us what they were.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-01-04 AT 10:24AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Be my guest.
    The reason I posted this about Kerry's remark on overtime is because the subject is of interest to our HR community on the Forum and it was such an obvious lie and we all know it to be a lie.
  • I still don't see what everyone is so upset about with the new FLSA laws. I don't know about ya'll, but we are paying more overtime than we did before, not less. I don't see all these people Kerry is moaning about loosing overtime. Why doesn't someone say something and call him on this. Just sounds good and emotional.
    The changes may not be perfect, but at least they are a step in some direction to better define the exempt/non-exempt status and "docking" exempt employees. I say thank you to whomever got this done (through the Congress.)Now, we have to wait and see what court cases we have over it that actually defines the laws.

By the way, I just voted. (I got there at 6:40 and was through by 8:55. Would have been sooner if my last name was in the other part of the alphabet.

E Wart

PS. Just got an email from my liberal sister. She has been nominated and selected to be in the Democratic "warroom" in FL. I don't know what they will be doing but I guess figuring out what to do with people who said they didn't get a fair vote. Her law firm was the one that filed suit to try to get Nadar thrown off the FL ballot!![I think I may have come home from the hospital with the wrong family.] Isn't our democracy wonderful!