Dream is Gone

Our Nightmare Basketball team lost. Best now is a shot at the bronze. But they will be playing a team that has already beaten them, so they will probably go down in history with the worst record for a US team, pro or amateur. I propose that since these guys did so poorly against no-name players, that each of the GM's from the respective player's teams should renegotiate their contracts. I think a 50% cut is a good starting point. They obviously aren't worth nearly as much as they are currently paid.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been trying to maintain a supporting attitude for these guys since day one and frankly, I have not been able to feel good about the way these guys have played. They are OUR team, but what a poor performance.

Did Larry Brown just roll the ball out on the court and say, you guys are pros go win one for the country? He has pointed the finger (I think I have a finger to use also) at the lack of team play for the last couple of months but has not gotten the results. And that turncoat Roy Williams (can you tell I am a jilted KU fan) has not helped much either. Carmello only getting to play a few minutes here and there?

I am going to stop now, I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. I vote for the paycut, but take it to the coaches to.
  • Tatoo-Man Alan Iverson said yesterday, "Well, what do you expect after all the guys refused to join the team, Shaq and them, none of them wanting to play." So, he's saying, I guess, that they wound up with a scratch-team of misfits that couldn't play together. I have it on good authority that the American team was playing with one of those balls from the county fair that has the wopsided wobble.
  • Now remember this is coming from a TRUE Philadelphia fan (love'm when they're winning and hate'm when they're loosin!).

I think Larry Brown was the biggest problem. He coached the 76'ers and they sucked. Allen Iverson has an attitude problem but is right, NO ONE WANTED TO PLAY. Could it be because Larry Brown coached, we all know why Kobe couldn't attend! I know that it is very different playing from the NBA and I heard Larry Brown saying they didn't hardly ever have time to practice as a team. Well why not?

I watched them play last week (I was on vacation), they looked horrible. NO ONE could make a 3 pointer, Allen threw them up some where close to basket, Lebron made a few but not enough and who where those other guys? Not anyone I really knew. Was it a bunch of misfits with Allen and Lebron thrown in for good measure?

• And did they even know that there are two ends of the court to play on? The inability to stop a three pointer, which is no more than a jump shot in the Olympics, was very telling.

The players they did have sign up had enough talent to win even without Kobe and Shaq and the others who declined the invitation. It's just sour grapes at this point. They blew it, along with Men's volleyball. At least they qualified which was more than men's soccer or baseball did.
  • Youse should have watched the women. Then you'd have no complaints.
  • I was going to follow-up with some comments regarding how well the women's teams did. What a wonderful contrast. Women's softball was particularly impressive - allowing only 1 run to the 51 they scored! Women's soccer and basketball all did very well - winning gold and playing great ball, I found the soccer very exciting because the games were so close. A couple of extra period victories. The men's teams could take some lessons about teamwork and selfless play. Inspiring stuff.
  • Personally, I prefered the women's beach volleyball.
  • Me too, Ray! Especially when the weather would cool down a bit.
  • Ummm...I did notice that they wore a few strips of fabric...but as my husband noticed, they were ALL flat chested. Why bother to look was his comment! Obviously he must have looked, he knew they were all flat.

We were very much into the swimming, as one of the swimmers was from Havertown, PA. The diving was awesome as well. I won't even mention the gymnastics...has there ever not been a controversy in an Olympics? I cried when Gardner (the wrestler) left his shoes in the ring.
  • But, to Larry's point (no pun intended), even the flat chested ones react to cool weather. x:D
  • eeuuw! or gross. Did you see Walsh slap Mays on the but when they won the gold medal? Then Mays hugged/rolled Walsh in the sand after that? They just set the woman's movement back again. Visions of mud wrestling flashed through my mind. But I guess it only excited you?
  • xclap How about the USA getting silver in the men's marathon? I had pretty much given up hope on our male marathoners. But we got our first medal in 28 years. :DD

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com