It finally happened

Some of you might remember my sad story with my old company.
My SO and I went on vacation last week. He went out to the beach to have a bonfire. His assistant (he still works for the company as IT head) called and asked for him. I asked if it was urgent and he said "like you wouldn't believe" so my SO spent the next hour erasing all the GM's passwords and access to the network.
The GM was fired for stealing from the company.
I have a strong bond with my old organization.My dear old boy still works there and I am friends with alot of people who are still there. Not only that, it is a non-profit with strong ties to the community. This is such a blow to the company. It is so sad. I hope the ex GM gets what he deserves!
I just had to share.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Will the company be able to survive the loss ? Monetary as well as trust in the community.

Chari
    [email]calter@iopener.net[/email]
  • Don't know yet. The CO. has been around for over thirty years and is the only one of it's kind in the area. Hopefully the community will stand by it.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-13-04 AT 12:47PM (CST)[/font][br][br]In my opinion it would help develop some sympathy for the nonprofit's plight if they actually prosecuted the GM very publicly and very vigorously for the theft. If they just keep it quiet and let the embezzler payback the funds without any appearance of justice being done, the co.'s standing in the community might suffer more.
  • I recall it being said multiple times over the past three or four months that you are waaaayy tooo totally wrapped up and consumed by and obsessing over this previous employer. You MUST let it go. For your personal mental health. This is not about your SO. It's about you and the way they released you. Consider this tough love. x:-)
  • FHR, I agree completely with Don's perspective; however, I know that it's tough for you to divorce yourself and back off from your point of view in this situation. All you can really do at this juncture is to support your SO, advise the best you can as far as any relevant input you might have, and sit back to watch the fur fly.

Not an easy situation.

Still think they ought to hang the GM by his....
  • Looks like the old adage: "What goes around, comes around."

People usually get their just desserts when they wrong others intentionally.

Now, let it go and have a happy life!