American Idol Final

OK....someone please tell me what I'm missing! xpray

I nearly fell off my chair when Randy and Paula ooozed over Fantasia's first number....I had to agree with Simon that it was a mess. If it had been on the radio...I'd have the station changed in no time. And her version of Summertime is Ok..but there is just something about the quality of her voice that seems to just be a novelty...Kind of like Macy Gray....we liked it for a song or two...but it got old fast.

I'm not saying she's not talented...but to say that she is the most talented Idol contestant ever-worldwide...seems to be a bit much.

I thought Diana gave two wonderful performances...and the last wasn't the best she'd ever done, but it was not that bad either.

I tried voting for the first time, but 2 of the three number kept saying "could not be completed as dialed" and the third was always busy.

I'm curious to see what america says...we know what the judges think.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Fantasia was not fantastic despite what the judges and Paul Anka said. I thought it was very unfair to "assume" Fantasia would be the next Idol. Her voice is annoying and I would not buy anything she puts on the market. Screaming gospel singing is not my style and that's all she seems to be doing. Fantasia cannot hold a candle to LaToya who unfortunately was voted off in my opinion not because of her talent but because she had a more mellow personality. How very unfortunate. However, I do think Fantasia will win the competition because she has a certain "thing" that Diana doesn't have much like Ruben had over Clay last year. As evidenced in his record sales, Clay is by far the better performer and singer. Only my opinion...
  • I have to say that I hope Diana wins. She has a voice that is smother than Fantasia. Fantasia's voice is very Macy Gray. It's a novelty and I can't listen to her for maore than a few notes. Diana has matured since she's been on American Idol. She just has more appeal to me.
  • I thought Fantasia outshined Diana last night. Regardless of the style of singing, Fantasia is a performer. Diana is a performer too, but to the same degree as Fantasia.

Comparing the song that they both performed last night, Fantasia's was flawless. Diana's was too pitchy.

This doesn't mean that Fantasia will win though. Diana might win on the sympathy vote.

It should've been LaToya, now it should be Fantasia, I won't be surprised if it's Diana.

• Even though I think Fantasia should/will win, I felt sorry for Diana last night with the judges all sounding like it is "a lock" for Fantasia to win. Maybe Diana will get the sympathy vote.

If only it were LaToya & Fantasia in the final - it would have been a much more exciting final! It seems like there is no suspense like last year.

I was not crazy about the songs that Diana chose to sing last night, I think she could have done much better if she picked one of her upbeat songs instead. I was really tired of hearing those same songs again. She definitely can improve over time though.
  • I guess this is still where I'm hung up...All three of the Judges gave high praise to Diana's first 2 songs....and slammed the third.

I still have to agree with Simon that Fantasia's first number was a mess and the other two were better...

so we're pretty much tied at 2/2....

I don't know...but I'll be interested to see what happens...