Poll : If you could live anywhere - where, why ?

13»

Comments

• What's the big deal about 4 seasons? We have 4 seasons in Dallas too; just because spring and fall only last a week and winter means you can finally turn off the a/c we still have 4 seasons. I've lived all over the US from East to West and North to South and everywhere I've lived has been wonderful. But if I could live anywhere it would probably Texas in the winter and Cape Cod in the summer because I don't like cold weather and I love fresh seafood!
  • Definitely Colorado. The mountain views are absolutely spectacular. Almost heaven at 14,000 feet.
  • For me, it would be Kalispell, Montana. Nestled in the Rockies, just north of Flathead Lake, which is so cold that I think my father is the only human being who was ever able to swim in it. Not far from Glacier Park, where my family traveled every other summer when I was growing up. If I couldn't have Kalispell, I guess I'd keep going north through the Rockies up to the Banff/Lake Louise area. Love the Rockies!

BTW, I thought "spiedies" was just a cute way of referring to spiders - I began to think that a place with none of them couldn't be all bad!
  • My late father-in-law lived in the Flathead Lake area for a while, actually in Bigfork - a small town on the Lake. He sent me several picture postcards from his trips to Kalispell and Glacier NP. The scenery there is beatiful - a good place to be.

Chari

• a cute way to refer to spiders? Is that possible?

Actually I didn't used to be afraid of spiders at all until I saw a photo of the Camel Spiders of Iraq...They are hideous!
  • I didn't read all of these this morning, but as of last night, no had mentioned my home state, and am I glad of that. This is a horrible place to live: high taxes, bad weather, no mountains (locals will remember that we used to have one, but now it's called a hill), no oceans, few balmy breezes, etc, etc.

Now, all of you people just stay away and leave me some open space, great schools, good highway system, national forests that no one knows about, trout streams, Lake Michigan, thousands of inland lakes, OOPS, I'm making it sound too good. You'll notice that I'm not moving anywhere.
  • Hunter, shhhhhh! Retirement for my husband and me will be a cottage near Green Lake and it can't come soon enough. We may have to hide someplace quieter during the summer months, but when school is in session it's a slice of heaven.