Professional Assistants day!

For those of you who want to give your secretary a little pick-me-up for the day, there is an excellent story (You Are Who You Eat) in the May addition of HRinsight. Page 3.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Where is that edition you're talking about? On line? I'd like to look it up.
  • I don't know if HRhero has this online??? Here's the story....

In an effort to create a diversified staff of employees, a large development corporation recently hired several Cannibal-Americans.

"You're all part of the team now," said the HR manager during the welcome briefing. "You get all the usual benefits, and you can go to the cafeteria to eat lunch, but please don't eat any of the other employees."

The cannibals all promised not to eat the other employees.

Four weeks later, their boss remarked, "You're all working very hard, and I'm very satisfied with your performance. However, one of our secretaries has disappeared. Do any of you know what happened to her?"

The cannibals all solemnly shook their heads no.

As soon as the boss left, the leader of the cannibals said to the others, "Which of you idiots ate the secretary?!" One hand rose hesitantly.

"You FOOL! For weeks we've been eating managers and nobody noticed, but noooooo - you had to go and eat someone important!"

• We are glad to hear you injoyed the inaugural issue of HR Insight, our newest newsletter. It is designed to give day-to-day tips for HR professionals. For those of you who would like to see what we are talking about, go to: [url]http://www.hrhero.com/insight.shtml[/url].

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-21-04 AT 12:20PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Was kind of cool to see the "Venting" message I posted on this forum a month or so ago included in the "What Bugs You" column on page 7 of that publication.

Can I say I'm published now? x:-/ x:D
  • Certainly!

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • Yeah...... I'm going to march into my boss' office and ask for a raise!!!
  • As Anne pointed out, most of each HR Insight issue will be interesting, relevant news that you can use. But it definitely won't be all work and no fun. Like the short article that SDDCHR has pulled out and reprinted (truth in lending: we originally found it on this Forum), each issue will include some workplace humor ("HR Lite").

If you know a good, clean, short WORKPLACE joke, please share it with HR Insight Managing Editor Alan King at [email]aking@mleesmith.com[/email]. If you include your name and contact info, he'll give you all the credit in a future issue of HR Insight!

If you look closely, we're also inviting audience participation in other ways:

-- "It Worked for Us" (p. 4 of the sample issue): a chance to describe an HR dilemma that your company faced and tell how you solved it. If you're game, check with Alan about the length and the format before you start writing.

-- "What Bugs You?" (p. 7): just what it sounds like -- a chance to vent about an HR situation that really got under your skin. Send those to Alan, too. Fill up his e-mail box.

Finally, let me say how much we appreciate the Forum and all the issues that you bring up on a daily basis. It truly gives us an "HR Insight" into the key issues facing you and your companies.

Tony Kessler, director of editorial
    M. Lee Smith Publishers LLC
    (615) 661-0249 ext. 8068
  • You're welcome. And, in appreciation, I think we should get a free subscription. x;-)
  • Dang, I don't know any clean jokes. I'll have to ask Don if I can borrow some of his. :-?
  • Good idea, that'll work x;-)