Syracuse

I promise to not say a word (directly) to my good friend in New York about the slow, painful demise of the Syracuse 5 last evening. I don't need to be reminded that my 'Dawgs' exited the tourney last Sunday morning...but that same friend did email me quickly at home to let me know that, as if we don't have TV down here! x:-)

Note: The preceeding is my personal opinion and has no value beyond that. Although it may be 'sorta offensive' or 'indeed offensive' to someone out there, it is offered without regard to that possibility. Should you find yourself alarmed by my post, you may privately mail me to protest or you may alert the principal's office. x:-)

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Heck Don, you know someone was going to say something so you just as well let it roll.....!
    I still say DUKE all the way!
  • I am sorta offended by Don's post. Rad, Don does have TV down there, but I think it must still be the black and white variety. I had to explain to him why Syracuse was called the Orangemen.

OK, now I'm over being sorta offended.
  • I finally realized why they're called the Orangemen. I watched them get juiced, squeezed and peeled last nite. Oh, and pulped, as in "Beaten to a Pulp".

Note: The preceeding is my personal opinion and has no value beyond that. Although it may be 'sorta offensive' or 'indeed offensive' to someone out there, it is offered without regard to that possibility. Should you find yourself alarmed by my post, you may privately mail me to protest or you may alert the principal's office. x:-)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-26-04 AT 01:20PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Now that Don and Ray no longer have Dogs in this Hunt, perhaps they will join me in supporting Nevada and Kansas tonight.

Tough prospects for Nevada, but the whole town is excited. Kansas against UAB? These are the folks that knocked of Kentucky. Should be some good contests.
  • I'm telling you......the lightweights we have to endure to finally watch Alabama take it all.

• They sure looked good last night. Seemed like they were just toying with the Orangemen last night - let them catch up and then just pour in the threes, it was almost like rain falling.

Syracuse with the deliberate approach, working hard to get the ball to the tall trees they were playing on the inside and getting the 2 points - then come the barrage of 3's from the Tide.

Great display.
  • I've ben a Duke fan for about 15 years so, I'm obviously rooting for them and will be up until midnight watching the game. I think OK State is going to be tough to beat. They look like some big strong boys with a lot of talent. I'm picking Duke, GT, UCONN and OK State in the final four. This weekend is going to be great!!!
  • My oldest son is a big Duke Fan also. He thinks they will win it all. That is hard to argue with, but OK State is going to be tough. Texas looks pretty good also, but OK State has already defeated them this year.

Still, Nevada, the true cinderella story this year, may surprise GT. xpray
  • As in my first post, Duke all the way....however, UCONN is looking pretty tuff! I believe the winner out of that game this weekend will take it all?
  • UCONN is now my choice. Have to root for the Big East.
  • My Southern allegiance requires that I support Georgia Tech. If they lose, I won't have a reason to watch. I was xupporting Xavier since they beat the Miss State Bulldogs. Now they've tubed out. Can't believe a little ole' podunk independant school like GTech might take it all.

• It will be interesting to see how GT will be affected with Elder coming back. Sometimes when teams lose their leader they play even better in the short run. I hope him coming back doesn't hurt them. I will be rooting for them all the way. I'd love to see an all ACC final. GT certainly has the talent and it doesn't surprise me a bit they made it this far. They've been inconsistent as most teams have this year, but I think that is more a result of the incredible talent that is everywhere. They won the preseason NIT with some very strong teams and beat Duke at Duke by more than ten toward the end of this year. GO ACC!!!!!!!!!!

PS Anybody notice my picks? I assume I'll have some private messages requesting my ESP(N) skills. I know the Vegas bookies are nervous. x:D
  • OK, I was out last week with surgery, but when the fog lifted and I was able to intelligently watch a game, I found that my picks were right on.

Now for the Final Four. Sorry for GT, but they just ain't got what it takes to get past OSU. As for UCONN & Duke, I'm a fan of both. Both coaches are cunning in their coaching, I could go either way. But being I'm not a political moderate I will make a choice and stick with it...Duke beats UCONN.

Having been a basketball referee for 21 years now, I kind of have a sense of how it will go. If I'm wrong I'll admit it.
  • I'm going with my heart and not my head. A gamblers worst mistake. Oh well, Duke and GT in an all ACC final with Duke winning.
  • Any referee I know would lose his stripes if he claimed to know the outcome of games or tournaments prior to the whistle. And the coaches aren't the ones in the baggy shorts, in the final analysis. But, we shall see what we shall see. x:-)

• Don, ouch that hurts as bad as the stitches. I would never determine the outcome of a game as a referee. I only look at the outcome of the games I'm not refereeing!! And besides that, I don't wear baggy pants, how un-stylish!