American Idol...

13»

Comments

• It's fixed, it's all fixed. I'm not a fan of the show anymore after last night. I'm not a huge fan of George but what they did to him last night was immoral. They had to be doing it just for the ratings!!! Putting those three (who are clearly more talented) at the bottom was to me, just an obvious way to create renewed interest in the show. I think it also begs the question - Was Jennifer sacrificed for higher ratings? My guess would be yes.
  • The fact that Jennifer was ousted and not John makes this season a joke....so far. Little red hed boy should have been gone weeks ago. If he makes it to the final three or fiur, then the show will have lost it's credibility.
  • I will sum up last night in one word:

TRAVESTY!
  • I know were were wary of the Barry Manilow night...but nearly everyone turned in a great performance.

I thought John was definately OUT...and so did he!!!

I felt bad for George when he was told to go stand with the safe group...and he wasn't sure where to go...and then jumped in with A...only to find out it was B!!! Everyone was shocked!

I can't explain John's continued existance on the show....but I think I may have an idea about the bottom 3 last night. Although each of them have a great voice, sometimes they oversing...Jennifer especially. and it might be too much for the average viewer...it's great for church or an R&B station...but this is supposed to reach mainstream america????

just a guess, I don't know!!!

Fantasia has softened a great deal over the last few weeks and I'm not finding her personality so harsh. and I still really like LaToya....

• I don't believe it is fixed. I believe a lot of younger people are voting on personality and I think John got JPL's votes this week. I truly can't see how Latoyia was in the bottom 3 however. Fantasia would never be my pick for #1 and Jennifer wasn't my pick to go last night! George, in my opinion, sung worse than any of the contestants this week! Put his personality and stage presence with John's voice and WOW! I think Latoyia should win.
  • Heres another one I missed most of. TV hasn't been something I could watch much of this last semester.

I love LaToya and think she should take it all. What a beautiful clear voice that sends shivers down your spine. Give Jasmine (I think thats her name, the girl from Hawaii) a few years and she'll be just the same way.

Cyndy
  • I felt quite badly for Gloria last night...for the most part, the Idols did not do justice to the quality of her music. It was just not a good style for them.

Diana gave the best performance of the night...Jasmine and LaToya were Ok...

What do you make of the racism comments. I finally saw Elton John making his comments and I believe that he's incorrect in saying that the 3 "divas" consistantly placed in the bottom 3. Jennifer did several times....I don't think that's true for the other two.

And,when you have 7 remaining contestants, 4 of whom are african american, 1 is Hawaiian, 1 is caucasian, and 1 seems to be a hispanic/cuban mix...how can it be racist??

I think there are just a lot of young girls that think John is a cutie and vote that way. Ryan is always telling people to vote for their FAVORITE Idol...not the one displaying the most talent. When you're gearing the contest for a teen audience, you need to be specific, favorite and best are not always the same.

Anyway, props to Diana on a great performance...and I'llbe hoping that John is put out of his misery this week! I did like Simon's comments about his maturity and class....right on the mark. I know the last few weeks had to be rough for him.
  • Even though Fantasia and LaToya are fantastic, they are to me, in the "professional" category. I would like to see Diana or Jasmine win as they're young and could be molded into great performers because they have very good voices and perform well. I too hope John is put out of his misery tonight. He should have been gone the night he forgot the words to the song he was singing. And yes, Ryan does say to vote for your "favorite" idol. How could anyone think John is "hot"? Yuck! Simon was correct, John does have class but I feel so sorry for him because he looks so miserable all the time.
  • Listening to John last night was just painful. If he doesn't get dropped tonight there has got to be something rotten in Denmark.

Overall I think most of the performances were
    so-so. My wife and I started voting after last week's fiasco. I like La Toya, my wife likes Fantasia.

I think the bottom 3 will be John, Fantasia, and George. But with the way the audience votes I'll probably be way off.

• The big talk on the radio today is that John's high school / area school is voting constantly to keep him in the contest.

I think American Idol should now switch and charge $$ for the calls. It would narrow down the voting to only the serious fans, which may make a difference and make voting more legitimate.

I thought that Diana was the best performance last night, with Jasmine right behind her.

I agreed with nearly everything Simon said last night. Especially about Fantasia, (Daffy Duck on helium). She was hard to listen to.
  • Last night's performances were ghastly! The exception would be Diana's! Good Grief! I believe the bottom three (or will it be two now?) will be George, Fantasia, and John in that order. George, while he has stage presence did not carry the song off well at all. We'll see tonight.
  • I too thought Diana was fantastic, but I have to agree with Simon on the dress...not a good fit for her. No matter what John sings, it sounds the same, and it's never good. Poor Gloria, I agree. No one can sing those songs like she did and in most cases it was just disasterous to hear others try.
  • Latin, not a good night for the AI Contestents. I think that Debbie, Jasmine and LaToya were the 3 best last night. I would like to see Jon go tonight, but I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. I guess if I was a prepubescent girl, I would find Jon 'cute'. But as a grown woman, I just find him terribly banal. He did sound a bit different these last two weeks, but off key and painful to listen to. Jasmine has 'grown up' a lot and it shows in her stage prescence and her voice quality. If you go by 'most improved', it would be her in my opinion. Fantasia's attitude came back with a vengence last night and it just might be enough for her to go tonight.

We shall see.

• John should have been gome the night of the MO-Town music. The kid is more of a Harry Conncik Jr wanna be and therfore shoudl have been gone a long time ago. Ryan was right in what he said about what happened last week. When it came Johns turn to sing, I had to leave the room, I knew it was going to be just to painful. Overall, Diana was the best last night and I believe she has consistently been the best...next to Jennifer.
  • He's finally gone, thank goodness! I wasn't surprised with the bottom three. Next week I think it will probably be George Huff unless he magically pulls something out of his hat.
  • Even John looked relieved!! Although, I'm not sure that it was OK to ask him if he was glad it was finally over!!!

I will give him credit...he has a lot of class for a kid of 16....he handled himself well every week..accepted critism with grace...and set a great example for the other idols.

It's also worth mentioning...and maybe those of you that watch more "reality tv" than I do can chime in...But it is so wonderful to see what a team these guys have become, eventhough they are competing agaist each other. They genuinely seem to care for the other idols...and it doesn't appear to be showy or fake. I love that we don't have a "backstage cam" where everyone rips on John because he can't dance....or whatever irritating other personality conflicts arise.

These kids really are setting a good example and this is a show, if I had little kids, that I wouldn't mind letting them watch. There is a lot to be said for being able to accept critique with a smile and learning that we're all not going to be the BEST, but we can each do our personal best and sometimes, that really is good enough.
  • Who were in the bottom 3 last night? I missed it!
  • Jasmine, John and George.

I believe George should be next. He looks so uncomfortable, doesn't sing well . . .
  • I was surprised how sad I felt for John Stevens last night, since I have hoped he would be voted off much earlier. He did handle everything with class though.

There is rumor this morning on the radio that George actually had the lowest votes but the AI producers thought it would be best for John to leave because of all the recent controversy and threats surrounding him (safety issues?). I think these rumors get leaked just to keep us talking about the show - it works!
  • are the numbers posted on the Idol website?? I've never visited it...and don't have access at work...but maybe that would be a response to the rumor mill???

• I don't believe I have ever seen the number of votes per contestant ever publicized. I have visited the Idol website and it is nowhere on there. Which probably contributes to the suspected legitimacy of voting some weeks.