One of those days...

Do you ever have one of those days where you are feeling blue? Or just plain sorry for yourself? I'm having one of those days I think. Today is my birthday... and NOBODY has remembered! Even my husband forgot. I know it's selfish... but I feel a little forgotten and left out. Somebody help me out of this mood!

Amanda

x:-(

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

I bet your husband has something very special planned for tonight.
  • Thank you! I don't know. Tonight is the company Christmas Party, and I have to attend that. Thank you for the birthday wishes though!
  • Happy Birthday! Make sure everyone at the company party knows its your birthday, you'll get free cocktails all night long x;-)
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-05-03 AT 10:31AM (CST)[/font][br][br]This is what it would be like if a rabbit, a robin and two sheep greeted you today:

Hoppy birdy two ewes
    Hoppy birdy two ewes
    Hoppy birdy, dear Amanda
    Hoppy birdy two ewes

Happy birthday, Amanda. x:-)
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA from one of those people who prefer when people forget my birthday!! xhugs
  • Hi aingram!

Another Sagitarius like me! Happy Birthday! Tonight, after the party grab some wine, some bread, some cheese, some fruit & stop at Blockbuster & rent "Sixteen Candles". Have yourself a little picnic in front of the TV & invite your husband to watch. It will give you a laugh and make your husband feel a little guilty x:P

• Rent a chick-flick like Sixteen Candles? Make hubby feel guilty? What's up with that???? x;-)

Amanda, take my advice. Rent "Die Hard" instead.xB-)
  • No, MWild is right. Sixteen Candles is the way to go. Marital guilt can be a good thing..... x}>

Happy Birthday!!!
  • I am in complete agreement! Thanks guys!

Amanda
  • Happy Birthday! I get testy when folks forget. I found a site that proclaimed the following top birthday films - so here's some others you might try. But for my money, the one that will really get the point across is 16 candles...

6. Boys in the Band (1970): Not exactly a movie for everyone, but it certainly is a birthday movie!
    5. City Slickers (1991): Billy Crystal is under-employed, divorced and unhappy. But at least he has good friends who are willing to go with him on a dude ranch birthday gala. A fine, funny movie.
    4. The Game (1997): Not all birthday presents are happy. Michael Douglas stars as a wealthy man given a strange birthday present by his brother, played by Sean Penn. Or is it a present? A very good watch, all things considered.
    3. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958): Elizabeth Taylor, Burl Ives, and Paul Newman star in this adaptation of the Tennessee Williams play about ungrateful children convening for a less-than-happy birthday party for their father.
    2. On Golden Pond (1981): It's Henry Fonda's birthday, or at lest it will be soon, and his wife, played by Katharine Hepburn, intends a nice celebration. But the best laid plans....
    1. Sixteen Candles (1984): The quintessential, absolute, number one birthday movie. Molly Ringwald's sister is getting married, and everyone forgets her 16th birthday. Anthony Michael Hall, in his first role, makes the movie. Very, very funny stuff.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
    Buy yourself something as you bring it in the house - sing Happy Birthday to Me!!!

• Bummer! One of my birthday years was only remembered by a chiropractor that I saw a couple of years before. He put me in the database and sent cards for 5 years.

I did not rent 16 candles but nonetheless got some mileage out of it. My wife says it still does not make up for those last minute gifts I squeeze in under the deadline.

Happy Birthday (belated) Amanda.
  • At either end of the spectrum, here are your options:

Way over to the left end of the spectrum, cuddle up to him after supper and say, "Sugar, didn't you remember today is my birthday?"

Way over to the right end of the spectrum, be poised in the doorway, peeking out the front window for him to approach the door. Have a duo of male strippers ready. When he enters, have the near naked duet spring forth singing to you and dancing in your face and offering you the dream evening of your life.

The day has past now; but, which would you have chosen had both been an option?
  • While the second sounds mighty tempting, as the ever faithful wife, I will have to go with option number one. I think if I would have gone with the second option, I would have more problems than people forgetting my birthday!

Amanda
  • Amanda, so what happened? Did he remember after all? Or did you make him guilty?

Elizabeth
  • My mom finally remembered to call and wish me a happy birthday. She then called to remind my husband (after I mentioned that he forgot). Of course I didn't know she talked to him until I talked to her again on Sunday. My husband sent emergency flowers via his assistant late Friday afternoon. He came home with a cake and presents in hand. All in all, it turned out to be okay. He is officially out of the doghouse! Thanks everyone for the special birthday wishes. Ya'll made my day!

Amanda

xhugs xhugs xhugs