All the good ones are not married or gay

I want to share (aka gloat) about a recent event in my life and at the same time announce that not all the good guys are gone. I've been single most of my life and quite happily and content. Two months ago I met a wonderful guy, divorced-50-gray hair- etc. A week ago I broke a bone in my foot and am wearing a giant "boot" and am on crutches...this man has taken care of me every 'step'of the way. He cooks for me, cleans the house for me (cleaned the tub last night so I could soak); does my laundry; takes care of my animals; is driving me back and forth to work plus back and forth from lunch (left foot--and I drive a 5-speed) and on top of that, today at lunch he brought me a 'get well gift' a classical music cd gift pak. Oh yeah, and he doesn't ask nor expect anything in return. Did I die and go to heaven? I've been taking care of myself since I was 17 thats been my biggest job, didn't think anyone else could or would. I am taking him out for a very romantic elaborate dinner this weekend but I think I might have to spend the rest of my life showing him how much I appreciate all he has done.

Thank you for listening and try not to "gag" too much.

Comments