Women over 30

Comments

• Well..........I'll make one exception.
  • Thanks Don...Now I will get back to my coloring books!

• >PS: When the nest gets empty, there are days when you'd give an arm
    >and a leg for dirty underwear on the bedroom floor and stuff slung all
    >over the kitchen counters and towels in the bathroom floor.

Not if you're the women who has to clean up.

• My two oldest are gone, the 20 year old still home. It's great EXCEPT when I find his clothes in the dryer I fold them. When he finds my clothes in the dryer he throws them in a wrinkled lump in the middle of my bed. x:P
  • Well Leslie, it could be worse. He could leave them in a pile on the floor in front of the dryer.
  • >ALL women are over 30! Those under 30 are girls.

I resent that statement! I am mature for my years and do not want to be referred to as a girl. xx(

Cyndy
  • My three year old tells me "you're not a girl, you're a mommy!"

Is it a coincidence that I also morphed from a girl to a mommy in my 30th year?
  • You are all girls to me. Not because it is a sign of maturity, it is just a gender designation. Just like all the guys are boys, nothing to do with age, but that is just another of the ways I look at things.
  • Thank you Marc for that distinction. At least someone around here knows just how to phrase something right and not upset us women! x:P

Cyndy
  • At least someone around here knows just how to phrase something right and not upset us women!
    >
    >Cyndy

Cyndy, a man can get into trouble saying "good morning" around most women if the tone isn't just right! x;-)

• But Marc, men have the word "guy" as a designation. We are either women or girls. It is frustrating to be called a girl when I am obvoiusly not. My boss calls me "kiddo" and it has started to rub off on others and I find it degrading and insulting; I'm not a kid either. I've thought about asking her not to call me that but we have other issues and in the big scheme of things I don't want to rock the boat over her insensitivity.

Sigh (:| ...what's a girl to do x;-) ?
  • I, too, am in the habit of calling some of our general managers "kiddo" and fortunately they're not offended (both male and female, by the way). However, our Dir. Ops has a really bad habit when we conduct training sessions together. The audience is usually predominantly female and relatively young. He has a very annoying habit that I have tried to slap out of him to no avail - he uses the term "gal." I'm a guy and I find that offensive!
  • Isn't that funny...I cringe at kiddo but I don't think gal would bother me at all. Oh ya, she calls me "sweetie" too. I want to tell her that if she does it again "sweet" will be the last adjective anyone would use to describe me as I fly into a rage, but, I don't.
  • Hmmmm... I'm beginning to worry about you a little, rad. First, in a different post, you were struggling with pedestrian rage (PR) when the cabbie went after you, and now you're dealing with inappropriate adjective rage (IAR). Anything we can do? We're here for you, kiddo. x;-)
  • Interesting, I would take being called a gal over a girl any day...just me I guess
  • Well I'm over 30 (way over...47) and if someone wants to refer to me as a girl, kiddo, gal hey I LOVE it! Just don't call me "ma'am" that makes me feel old.
  • Ughhhhh...I hate kiddo. Makes me feel like I should be in pigtails and mary janes....
  • I don't usually, but this time I'll try to defend myself. As usual, I was trying to press buttons with the girl comment. Often we hear on the Forum, "OK, you boys settle down". Nothing disrespectful. If I need to I'll come do your ironing (girls only) to make up for the insult to redeem myself. And for you who think I was serious about the house-cleaning thing, I split that roughly down the middle with my wife and she does the splitting! I cook more than 50% of the meals, do the grocery shopping, pay all the bills, do all the yardwork, iron sometimes, make some beds, do some of the washing, sweep porches, handle the potting soil for all the plants, put out the fire-ant bait, refinish the furniture, clean my own bathroom, run the vacuum and bring her supper home every Thursday night whatever she wants, and that's tonight, and I grill out at least three times a week year-round. Did I mention I'll build her a fire anytime she wants one? I do not have a French Maid's uniform either Ray. But if she tells me I missed some dust, I go back and get it. Now, I will return in a couple of hours and delete this so there's no evidence of ever having said any of it. x0:)
  • >I don't usually, but this time I'll try to defend myself. As usual, I
    >was trying to press buttons with the girl comment. Often we hear on
    >the Forum, "OK, you boys settle down". Nothing disrespectful. If I
    >need to I'll come do your ironing (girls only) to make up for the
    >insult to redeem myself. And for you who think I was serious about the
    >house-cleaning thing, I split that roughly down the middle with my
    >wife and she does the splitting! I cook more than 50% of the meals, do
    >the grocery shopping, pay all the bills, do all the yardwork, iron
    >sometimes, make some beds, do some of the washing, sweep porches,
    >handle the potting soil for all the plants, put out the fire-ant bait,
    >refinish the furniture, clean my own bathroom, run the vacuum and
    >bring her supper home every Thursday night whatever she wants, and
    >that's tonight, and I grill out at least three times a week
    >year-round. Did I mention I'll build her a fire anytime she wants one?
    >I do not have a French Maid's uniform either Ray. But if she tells me
    >I missed some dust, I go back and get it. Now, I will return in a
    >couple of hours and delete this so there's no evidence of ever having
    >said any of it. x0:)

Sorry Don, you said it and it will remain for all us "girls" to see. x;-)

Cyndy

Oh, and by the way, you can come by this Sunday to do all my ironing for the week, thanks for the hand!

• Don, I was ready to hire you and even pay for your plane ticket to NY to play "maid". But, I realize you'd just make me look bad... assuming you are not just fibbing again. Let's see, Beagle wants me to send my wife to his place to shovel his snow and you come to clean my house. What a deal. But, one part of your post is really screwing up my mind - picturing you in a French Maid's uniform.
  • Isn't that a visual you just want to wash your brain out with soap over?
  • Yep Beagle, fortunately I'm kind of drugged up right now so I'll survive. Got back from the dentist 45 minutes ago after a lot of novacaine and drilling.
  • Too late Don...duly noted AND printed x:D.

PS...I don't iron. Everything that needs to be either goes to the dry cleaner or laundry. But, thanks for the offer x;-)!
  • I thought that big white thing that makes hot hair and spins my clothes around until they are dizzy was an iron.
  • Now that is something I would pay to see...Don in a french maid uniform! What month are we on in the calendar? That might have to be the COVER!
  • That particular calendar will be out in Mid-December, costs $49.95 and also features Ray wearing nothing but a tuba and Beagle in his infamous 'tail hook' pose.
  • Don - I can't believe you caved under the posting pressure and had to defend yourself. I really can't believe anyone thought you were serious & as many of us know, you love to offer the contrary opinion or two because you either believe it or to keep the thread going. I never once suspected you were serious about the wife thing or the 'girl' thing - you show too many around here too much respect (when you not disagreeing with us that is x;-)) and you have spoken very highly of your wife in the past. No need for clarification or apologies to me.

As to taking offense to the term 'gal', 'girl' or even 'kiddo' - sorry ladies (or is that offensive as well) but get over it. I like what Cyndy did as well as others - state you don't like it & then it will stop. If it doesn't stop - avoid the poster or the person. Personally, I don't care what I'm called, and I've been called quite a few things in life & on this forum & bottom line, I like me & I know what I'm about. You can't ruin my mood or self-esteem by labeling me something I don't believe in myself. There, hopping off the soapbox.
  • No one really took him seriously, Mwild - we all knew it was a put-on. He just defended himself to move gracefully and seamlessly from his "tiger-tale-pulling" mode to his "martyr" mode and generate sympathy. x;-)

Okay, everybody! Group hug! x:-)
  • I love it when he moves from one end of the spectrum to another - it's a thing of beauty. I don't know about the group hug idea - do we have to include Ray x;-)?