Fun Facts to Know and Tell

2»

Comments

• What would it take to get Don D's wife's e-mail - that would definately liven things up. I would like for someone to do all the laundry, wash, dry, fold and iron. My husband knew when he married me - he was not getting a maid or cook. I do however work everyday - HE'S a LUCKY LUCKY MAN - at least that's what I keep telling him. x:7
  • I found a sure fire way to get a man to do the cleaning, cooking AND shopping...Broke my foot Thursday night and my "S O" has been waiting on me hand AND foot since. I just love it when the caregiver in a person comes out. However, I wouldn't really recommend trying this at home.
  • Judy, not to make you jealous, but my husband always does all the cooking and so also does all the shopping. He's simply the better cook and he enjoys doing it and I don't. Haven't been in a grocery store for 10 years and I love it.

Elizabeth

Hope you're up and about soon - been there, too.
  • I do most of the cooking at our house. My wife is pursueing her PHD while working full time. An amazing woman, if I had her dedication and drive ...? Since I started the low-carb nutrition approach, she has put up with (mostly quietly) the lack of pasta, potatoes and other high carb foods. Once in a while she cooks, I think purely in self-defense, but when she does it is great. She has forgotten more about it than I will ever know. We have a cleaning lady come in once a week and hit the tasks we both hate to do. I also do the grocery shopping again to keep her hitting those books. Soon she will get her degree and I know I will be able to spend all of my time on the golf course (not!).
  • We had an employee who hurt herself on the job in '00... It was 99.9% her fault, but like most states, Missouri doesn't care. We filed the work comp claim, and she sat at home for a month or so. When she came back to work, she brought with her several bills from a maid service. She wanted us to pay them! She eventually quit over the dispute. (Good riddance.)
  • Maybe if you drive around the reservoir twice, she'll have enough time for her boyfriend to help her clean! ;)

>Don said:
    >Men don't have to fantasize about coming home to a clean house. It darned well >better be that way when I get home! If need be, I'll take a long drive around >the reservoir on the way home so she has time to get in from work and clean up >the house. Some things are not negotiable!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-04-03 AT 12:13PM (CST)[/font][p]Was Don's wife the maid? :oo
  • Shopping for a mere 72 minutes is a warm up and a tease. I shop as a reward for keeping a clean house x;-) since I live alone there's no one else to be grateful but me.

I fantasize about having a perfectly toned body with no time at the gym... x:P

When I was little my down the street neighbors gave out full sized Hershey bars and they were (and still are) the coolest people on the block!