Need Ideas!

OK, it's up to you guys. Every year my company holds an employee appreciation dinner. It's held at a local restaurant. Great food, great turnout. Last year we had over 300 people. The problem is - my boss being the VP of HR has to give a speech. Of course he wants me to come up with ideas for his speech. Last year we had just lost the union so we had a lot to talk about. This year it's like how can we beat last year. So I need ideas. What can he talk about? The speech doesn't have to be long - like 5 minutes and of course it's coming from HR so it has to be warm and fuzzy. I know you guys can give me some great ideas. Thanks as always for your help.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have had great responce to one I gave the troops. Its topic was "What is your value to ABC Company". It was an acknowledgement of what our employees bring to the company. It covered Your skills, Your knowledge, Your involvement, Your hard work, Your meeting deadlines, Your taking pride in your work and the last and most important, Your caring.

Hope this helps getting those creative juices going.
  • Define the things that are better than last year, attendance, production, workplace safety, employee retention...whatever....and then issue a challenge to the employees to top it for next year.

The goal is to let the employees know that management sees their contribution to the company. Tangible numbers do help!! Maybe you could even develop a power point presentation showing the improvements!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-02-03 AT 12:23PM (CST)[/font][p]Change course. Make it fun and do a 'roast' with target ees permission.
  • Better yet, roast the HR department (all of our employees are already saying this type of thing behind our backs anyway).

Rob