The First Forumette

2»

Comments

• Don,

That's when you give 'em the good ole 1, 2, Body Slam. Sometimes turns out to be fun.

"Sam"
  • That Apache's infra red must have been boring in on the redaiance of that smile. I had to put on my shades just to look at the pic. We aren't worthy!
  • Leslie,

You're so photogenic! I't's great to put a name and a face together...... love the car.....
  • Sorry, the bar is too high for me - I would have to wear my hat, sunglasses and a scarf over my face before I would post my picture , but then what would be the use?

Chari
  • With that tan, you look like a true AZ girl. I bet your smile lights up every room you enter. I believe I may have posted that before on "Forum Speculations" Very cool car too! My minivan has "hotrod envy".

I live out near Luke AFB - we get the fighter jets overhead, occasionally. My boys freak out every time. Airplanes, mommy! AIRPLANES!

I'm still waiting for my shirt, folks....

• I lived out near Palmdale Calif and that is where they first (I think) tested the Stealth. That was an unusual thing to see (before we knew what it was of course) because you didn't automatically look up and think 'airplane'.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 01:14PM (CST)[/font][p]Now that would be weird. Even now that we know what a Stealth is, they're weird! I'll never forget game seven of the 2001 World Series when one flew by after the Star Spangled Banner. I have friends who were there (I wasn't x:'( )Bank One Ballpark has a retractable roof, it's always closed when you walk in. When they open it, they make a big deal of it - neat song, the whole nine yards. It's actually pretty cool. Anyway, they said the Stealth appeared so close that you looked up and it seemed like it filled the whole opening.

With the Apache's, even though in theory you know they are a helicopter that can hover, it's still very strange to see one do it. It's so quiet and just hangs there in the sky. Very ominous. And I guess that's why they make a great war helicopter - just the sight of them is scary!

HRQ - I'm half Italian. I walk outside for 10 minutes and I start to get brown. When I was in my teens I used to just bake in the Arizona sun. One summer in college I was an outside maintenance person for a travel trailer park - it was hard to tell what race I was! Only years later did I realize what kind of damage I could have done then.
  • Leslie,

People here in Maryland pay big bucks to get a tan like that. I've never been to Arizona - it's always been my intent to visit, just never did. I always burn within 10 minutes of being in the sun.

• Great Pic!
    I have my t-shirt - but am too afraid to get the picture and send it in. You started something - maybe more Forumette's will follow suit.
  • Isn't it funny how shy we get? If we all gathered in a big room, we'd have a ball and wouldn't be at all embarassed to seek out and say hello to someone with "Leslie" or "PORK" or "Parabeagle" on their name badge. But submitting a photo is MUCH more intimidating!
  • It is something. I had the shirt for more than two weeks before I got the picture taken. Then I put off sending it James for a few hours. Then put off posting it until I took a deep breath. Ah well, over and done with - and everyone's been so kind it makes you wonder what you worried about!
  • "Ah well, over and done with - and everyone's been so kind it makes you wonder what you worried about!"

Isn't it nice that sometimes us guys can put aside our boorish behavior and adopt our cocktail party manners? We're not all unmannered clods x;-)

• At least not all the time, Beagle!

x;-)
  • Great Picture! I thought you said you had many years of experience? From this picture it looks like you are in your early 30s (31 - 32). x:D I also like the those trees and your mountains are much bigger than than I thought you had in AZ. x}> By the way, we look forward to the next six month calendar!
  • Thanks Scott - and thanks again. I feel like I just got carded x;-)!

And actually that is one of the smaller peaks around here. It's called Red Mountain - but it's really just a giant red rock!
  • I can't believe someone would be intimidated if they walked up and saw a Don D. name tag. How can a name tag intimidate? I'm the shy-est, most reserved guy you ever saw in a crowd. I would melt if Leslie spoke to me. Now, ritaanz, that's another question altogether!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 10-13-03 AT 06:31PM (CST)[/font][p]I can't find the post, but you once wrote about a conference you attended and a woman walked up to you, said something like "you're not Don D, are you?" and you replied "I don't know what you are talking about". Maybe you are more shy in person than on the Forum.

Anyway, in my post I meant that it's more intimidating to reveal a photo of oneself on the Forum that it is to just walk up and say hi to someone in person if we all, say, attended the same conference. At least it is for me. Maybe I'm the oddball. x;-)

Funny, I can't remember what happened five minutes ago, but a post from five months ago (or something like that) I CAN remember. x:D I'm scaring myself again.