Hey football fans!

We are fired up today . . . the Packers are taking on Da Bears tonight on Monday Night Football. The only bad thing about that is we have to listen to three hours of John Madden.

Repeatedly on the radio, we are hearing the song "The Bears Still Suck!". Has everybody heard this song?

Does any other state get into it as much as we do here in Wisconsin? We don't have many Nascar fans, not many baseball fans, but (nearly) everybody is a Packer fan.

I love this time of year, when we all survive on brats and beer and can't wait for that opening song, "Are you ready for some football . . . ?"

Not getting much work done today!

Comments

• 34 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I've been a Giants fan since 1964, Frank Gifford, Sam Huff, et al. My brother has been a Packers fan since the Lombardi days. Any time Giants and Packers played, it was interesting.

Should be a good game.
  • I'm a HUGE football fan...my football starts the weekend off for me. Friday nights I go to see my nephew play for the local high school (starting the season off right at a nice 3-1 xclap) we then come home and watch the game on the local channel if they are there to video tape it...then Saturday is college football...and of course Sunday is football and NASCAR. We have 6 TV's in our house...and on any given Sunday, at least 5 are tuned to football (one is reserved for NASCAR). My favorite team...I'll only whisper it...I'm a true Eagles fan. I also like the Dolphins.
  • Hey - easy on my poor Bears. Everyone feel sorry for me - my first team is the Cardinals (1-3) and the second is the Bears (0-2)! Arizona State, ranked 17th at the start of the season, has been killed the last two Saturdays in a row. And Jeff Gordon went from first to third to finish fifth at Talledega. Sigh.
  • I go through football withdrawl during the spring. Here in Pennsylvania there isn't any one particular favorite. Either Steelers or Eagles. I can't stand either team. Just don't like the Eagles and I can't stand Steeler's Bill Cowher. I was disgusted by his rude behavior after one game. The only thing I do like about that team is that last year they finally pulled their quarterback who had been lacking and introduced a nobody who rose to the challange. Maddox proved to be a worthy quarterback. I'm just glad they didn't play favorites and kept the best man for the job. I go against the grain, Raiders all the way (doesn't look like it this year though). I think they need to up the Gerital a bit, slap on the Flex-All, keep the youngins' out of the bars and for God's sake, Don't punch your own team mates. I've been a Raiders fan since Hostettler was there (yea, who is that?). He went to Washington for a season I think, then retired. Can you tell, I love Football!!!

• PAhr, you must be a Penn State fan living where you do. If not, that could be a source of some of your problems at work. x;-)

I've had a running feud with my mother for years, she is a big Penn State fan and I love Syracuse.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 03:41PM (CST)[/font][p]Actually no, I don't really like them either. "JoePa" and the organization are over rated in my book. I have some issues with their play schedule. For the longest time they only played a few good teams. Well, when you play teams that are practically high school level your bound to be good, thus the big Pact Ten dispute. I look for them to only have maybe seven or eight wins this season. Just my opinion though. Believe me, I hear about it and I know I'll get it from the forumites. I like Florida State and I also like Notre Dame, although I was disheartened when Lou Holtz left x:'( .
  • >Arizona State, ranked 17th at the start of the season, has been killed
    >the last two Saturdays in a row.

Awwwww..... At least your guys didn't get trounced like my beloved Oregon Ducks did last Saturday!

• 55-16. Yikes! ASU got beat up by your "other" university Oregon State 45-17.
  • I hope you will give our fair state of Mississippi some credit for producing Brett Favre, University of Southern Mississippi bred quarterback; his father being his high school coach. Arguably, he might be the finest quarterback all around, ever. I drank beer in a bar with Brett some years ago and never felt so comfortable that we could fight our way out. Maybe that's a dumb attitude, but I'm still glad he's one of our own.
  • And Brett does it with style. He seems to be actually having fun out there.
  • Well, it's halftime and he's having fun tonight! I hope we keep kicking Da Bears' butts in the second half. x:-D

My fingers are crossed!
  • Well, Mjindra... are you happy today?
  • Oh yes! Everybody's happy in Wisconsin after a big Packer Win! x:-D

Sorry, Bears' fans.
  • As most of you know, I hail from beautiful St. Germain, Wisconsin. We celebrated the Packer victory in big style in my house last night. My 3-year-old wore his full-on Packer regalia to school today. It doesn't hurt that his teacher is originally from Chicago and a Bears fan!

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC
  • And he's got a cute butt too...I could think of other things to fight my way out of with him other than a bar....;;)

A well rounded player I'd say!
  • It was simply a continuation of what was simply a pitiful sports weekend for me. x:'(

• Don't women know when they say stuff like that, all the men immediately click on your profile? It's got something to do with the left side of a man's brain I think. I'm still doing the research.
  • What did I say wrong? I only spoke the truth...come on...like you guys don't check out the cheerleaders with the twins hanging out (both front and back)!!! PALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE...I look at it this way, its the only thing on TV that my husband and I can both watch and get to check out the opposite sex and never have to change the channel and we both enjoy watching. Works for me.

• You didn't say anything wrong. All you did was join the honesty club. I thought your post was a hoot. Football is also one of those things women can watch and not feel guilty and change the channel real quick when the husband walks in; like we do when we flip over to the 'workout channel' or 'Victoria's Secret Specials' or the old Charlie's Angels bikini series re-runs. We say stuff like, 'I can't believe they put this stuff on TV', then as soon as the lady walks out of the room again, we're flippin' back to it. I will tell Brett you asked about him x:-)
  • What are cheerleaders? I've never seen them other than at HS games. x0:)
  • Oh Ray...come on...they have bigger floatation devices than a cruise ship! How can you miss them! You know they are the girls giving themselves black eyes! Oops did I say that??

Just once I would like to see a cheerleader that looks like a normal woman, not a size 0 twig. I'm sure that would just kill you guys.
  • Oh, I never noticed. x;-)

But, they all look just like my wife. Aren't they normal?
  • Does your wife read these posts and you need the brownie points?
  • Are you kidding, Marc? If my wife read some of these posts, I'd be single by now. Just trying to atone for past sins on some of my posts. I'll give you a hint, [b]don't ever[b] call the wife the [i]little woman[i].
  • Not only am I a BENGALS fan through and through (I know, rough decade!) but also an OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fan (19-0!!). There is nothing like an Ohio State game. We went last week and I am still recovering! I am a huge football fan. Can't get enough. I hate the SuperBowl because that means no more football for so long! It is probably the only thing my father and I have in common besides my potty mouth, which I inherited from him.
  • Oh guys, what a dilemma I have!

A vendor brought in pizza on Wednesday, but only to the first shift. Now second shift is complaining. My boss called me in his office and said if any vendor would bring things in again, it has to be shared with both shifts . . . . etc, etc, etc. He also said if anything like, say, Packer tickets would ever show up, or other gifts that can't necessarily be shared, then they would have to be raffled off!

ANYWAYS, this same vendor dropped off Packer tickets on my desk YESTERDAY when I was out of the office. (I do the Purchasing as well as the HR, which is how I ended up receiving them.) These tickets are skybox tickets for a Monday Night Football game in November in the newly renovated LAMBEAU FIELD! Do you know how many Packer fans have never made it inside Lambeau Field, much less into a skybox? For those of you who don't know, Packer tickets aren't available to the general public, they are held by season ticket holders and not very easy to come by. x:-(

There are several questions rumbling through my brain . . .

1. Does my boss know about these tickets, or was this conversation just a coincidence?
    2. Do I "find" these tickets on my desk on Monday and let my boss know that we should raffle them off?
    3. Do I quit my job and inadvertently pack these tickets in my box on my way out?

I tell you what, option #3 is looking like the best choice right now.
  • Mjindra... option #4. Immediately, mail them to me and let me take care of your problem. Doing that will be the best choice for your conscience. Trust me on this. I learned how to do this from Don.
  • Oh ray, I never thought of Option #4. Wow. Thanks! You are a true friend. The tickets are in the mail.

NOT!
  • Cubs win ..Jags win. . Browns win. . Bears win. .Does it get any better?
  • Patriots AND the Red Sox!!! My SO has never been into sports but this year he decided he was going to become a Pats fan. The thing is he knows NOTHING about how the sport is played so I am having to teach him as we watch. It is kinda ironic.