Last post for a while!

I'm outta here! Monday is my last day at work before my jaw surgery on October 1st. I've waited for this for so long, since I got my braces on four years ago. My lower jaw is underdeveloped, so now that my teeth are aligned, the surgeon will advance it about 11 millimeters - not only will the constant muscle pain and headaches stop, but I will get the braces off soon! I won't look very different, but I should feel a lot better. I'll be checking the forum once I run out of pain pills, because once I stop hurting I know I'll be bored! This surgery gave me the motivation for quitting smoking, too, and all of you have been so supportive! I must admit that I jumped off the wagon feet first last week and have smoked a few cigarettes, but I'm back on and determined. I'm going to spend the weekend with my son and fiance, and we're grilling thick steaks tomorrow night, kind of a last, huge meal! I'm stocked up on things to make healthy shakes with, since solid food will soon become a faint memory. Thank you all again for your words of advice and support, and sometimes consolation, as I've put the smokes down and tried not to kill people. Have a great weekend!

Comments