Pessimist quotes

I think for the most part, HR is an optimistic group. We help celebrate the good times with our employees, and console during the bad.

But every once in a while, don't you just get a teensy bit pessimistic? I thought I would share what I consider (and hope you do too) some funny pessimistic quotes. Enjoy!

“There’s no limit to how complicated things can get, on account of one thing always leading to another.” -E.B. White

“Life isn’t one d**n thing after another. It’s the same d**n thing again and again.” -Edna St. Vincent Millay

“It’s always darkest before it goes pitch black.” -Connie Winkler

“No issue is so small that it can’t be blown out of proportion.” -Stuart Hughes

“She not only expects the worst, she makes the worst of it when it happens.” -Michael Arlen

“Real equality is going to come not when a female Einstein is recognized as quickly as a male Einstein, but when a female schlemiel is promoted as quickly as a male schlemiel.” -Bella Abzug

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” -Albert Einstein

“If it’s not one thing, it’s your mother.” -Variously attributed

“When something good happens it’s a miracle and you should wonder what God is saving up for you later.” -Marshall Brickman

“When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become president; I‘m beginning to believe it.” -Clarance Darrow

“The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears that this is true.” -James Branch Cabell

“A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done.” -Fred Allen

“If you can’t be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.” -Catherine Aird

“Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp;
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.” -Dorothy Parker

“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” -George Burns

Comments