Great Quotes for Life

Please add others that may not be here that are your favorites...

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
--- Winnie the Pooh

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
---Charles Caleb Colton

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
---unknown

"Friendship is one mind in two bodies."
---Mencius

"Friends are (insert deity of choice) way of taking care of us."
---unknown

"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend."
---Stone Temple Pilots

"I'll lean on you and you lean on me and we'll be okay."
---Dave Matthew's band

"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them."
---unknown

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."
---unknown

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
--- Tim McGraw

"My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life."
---Lee Iacocca

"Hold a true friend with both your hands."
---Nigerian Proverb

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
---unknown

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • "Never frown, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile"

• "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
    - Saint Augustine (354-430)

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself."
    - Anais Nin (1903-1977)

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."
    - George Eliot (1819-1880)

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."
    - the Duchess of Windsor, when asked what is the secret of a long and happy life

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
    - Robert Orben

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"I think it would be a good idea."
    - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948), when asked what he thought of Western civilization

"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" "
    - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
    - Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper

"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    - General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964)

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny ..."
    Isaac Asimov

• I have nothing to say, so I will refrain from posting.
  • "The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
    grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel."
    -- Polonius, in Hamlet

Brad Forrister
    Director of Publishing
    M. Lee Smith Publishers

• Ah... another fan of Shakespeare. Great quote.
  • I'm a quote fan and Mark Twain has always been and will always be my favorite American and life commentator. Here are my all time favorites:

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
    --Mark Twain

Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    --Mark Twain

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
    --Mark Twain

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
    --Mark Twain

And finally, for my political friends:

Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself.
    --Mark Twain