3. Prescott, Arizona
4. Charleston, South Carolina
5. Ashland, Oregon
6. Billings, Montana
7. Ithaca, New York
8. Sioux Falls, South Dakota
9. Kerrville-Fredericksburg-Marble Falls-Mason, Texas
10. Oxford, Mississippi

I have 17 years to go, but it always gives you something to think about....

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Williamstown, MA is beautiful. I went to college one town over and spent alot of time there. There's nothing else like fall foliage in the Berkshires.
  • Ithaca, NY? I have about 10 to 15 years and 30 miles to go.
  • I'm originally from North Adams, next door to Williamstown. Most of my family is still there. Yes, the Berkshires will be beautiful shortly! It's expensive living there though. Now (since 1972) I'm in FLAT Wisconsin.
  • You are? That's where I went to college. I grew up in Boston so that was a HUGE adjustment for me. I loved the fall when the leaves changed color - the mountains were so beautiful, I'd never seen anything like that before. I hated the winter. I loved the spring when the lilacs bloomed and the smell permeated the air. Summer was great, warm weather, no humidity, loved it.

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 07:43AM (CST)[/font][p]I've spent tons of time in Oxford, Mississippi, once falling down the entire 50 foot length of a winding staircase at the antebellum Ole Miss Kapha Alpha house prior to a football game. Must have been something in the air. Oxford is a quaint little town, by rural, Southern standards. However, it has little more than it's claim to Faulkner and Grisham, a nice tree-lined town square, a couple of high priced eateries, millions of college students, its memories of the use-to-be-Ole Miss football teams back when they won and went to Sugar Bowls and a new Wal Mart that had its ribbon cutting two months ago. You can't get to Oxfart from nowhere! Mississippi State fans refer fondly to Oxford as Oxfart.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-10-03 AT 08:21AM (CST)[/font][p]Don, now we know where you get all those ideas for your great stories - during that 50' fall you must have hit your head several times.

Oxford and Ithaca have a few things in common, high priced eateries and millions of college students. Not sure if they have a Walmart, but who doesn't these days.

Wow, my 700th post - coming up on the magic 1000 mark.