Fast food war!

Something a little fun. Okay most of us are on diets but that doesn't mean we cant think about food. What is your favorite fast food resteraunt? Mine is Wendy's. I love their spicy chicken sandwich and a frosty. Whats your favorite food at this resteraunt?

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm not really a Wendy's fan, but I love Chick-fil-A and their original chicken sandwich. Yummy!

Amanda
  • No Chic-Fil-A up here. I've been to one in NC. I also love Panera turkey artichoke. Maybe we are all more a like than we think!
  • I love Wendy's fries dipped in a frosty! It takes me back to high school where this was a staple for my basketball and softball teams! (I know, healthy)

I actually do not consider this fast food, but my favorite cafe is Panera Bread. In the summer they have a tomato/mozz. cheese salad that rocks! I also love their turkey/artichoke sandwiches. Very good and fast.
  • Kind of spooky, Scott. My favorite is Wendy's, too and I probably order the spicy chicken sandwich more than anything else. Frosty's ocassionally - have to watch that waist line. Before we moved to our new facility, there were about 5 fast food places within 2 miles and I would go to Wendy's 90% of the time.

• I love Schlotzkys and Sonic Drive-In. Fortunately, there isn't a Schlotzkys close by, but the Sonic is only about 1 mile away. Too close for my waistline.
  • Here in the southwest we have franchises of Mexican fast food (Filiberto's, Senor Taco, etc.) that is frighteningly good for reasonable prices. We run over to one of them about every other day for lunch.
  • Burger King - Double Whopper with cheese! Not often because of the calories, but good when I can manage it.

McDonald's french fries are the best because they're so greasy!

Mrs. Winner's fried chicken.

I can hear my arteries clogging just thinking about it!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Bojangles Chicken and Biscuits - major artery clogger! They make a gooood biscuit! Their fries are thick and wide, and even greasier than McDonald's!
  • Popeye's fried chicken is great.(Better than I can make and this is from a southern girl who likes to cook.) (Also Kentucky fried popcorn chicken, which they have taken off the menu.) I also like Chick-fil-A (which began in southern Atlanta and still has original owner and his family running it.)Their sandwiches are very good as is their salads and their chicken salad is good too.(They are the only fast food resturant in the south that serves caffine free diet cokes) They also have very good fat free honey mustard salad dressing for their salads.
    I love Wendy's salads and eat the Bacon Lettuce and Tomato salad about once a week.

E Wart
  • At Wendy's, I'd have to say their Southwestern Chicken Ceasar Salad is my favorite. Ever since I tried it, I get cravings for it. (Must be something in that dressing!) However, my favorite fast food is Checkers! Spicy chicken sandwich and their spiced up fries. Yummy!
  • Well, I guess I'm going to be the party pooper here. Of course, here in the "frozen north" I've never been to a Chik Fil A, a Senor Taco, or a Mrs. Winner's fried chicken.

I just don't like fast food, period. I've been known to have a baked potato at Wendy's if absolutely nothing else is available, but I have to be desperate. I'd probably starve to death if my only choice were McDonald's. My oldest daughter also doesn't like fast food but my 15 year old would eat at Subway every night if she could talk me into it.

We do have an old fashioned A&W where the carhops come out and put the tray on the window, so once in a while I'll stop and have a mug of root beer.

• I was on vacation for two weeks and am still trying to get caught up on everything--including the HR Forum.
    Favorite fast food?
    Popeye's chicken is good but it's their biscuits that are my real weakness.
    We used to have a Checkers 3 blocks from our house. It's been gone well over 5 years and I still miss their cheeseburgers.
    Every now and then I just gotta make a trip to Steak N Shake for a steakburger with cheese and chocolate milkshake.
    Anybody have a Tastee Freez near them? The little town I grew up in got one years ago and everyone that we'd hit the big time. It's still there and I still crave their orange slushes and barbeque french fries. I think the slushes were/are a Tastee Freez standard but the barbeque french fries (fries with a barbeque salt sprinkled on them) were something unique to that restaurant.
  • I think my favorite fast food restaurant has to be Milo's. Unfortunately, they're only located in AL and GA so I only get to go there a couple times a year. Love their fries dipped in Milo's Sauce and their toasted cheese sandwich. x:-)

But, since I'm an Oregon boy, I have to settle. Favorite fast food would have to be Subway. Veggie delight sandwich rules.

Or Taco Bell. I like them as well.

Krispy Kreme just opened up here. Still can't figure out what the fuss is all about.
  • Parabeagle, those are my favorites too. Krispy Kremes just started opening up in my neighborhood. Some of the employees bring them in, but I agree, I don't understand all the fuss.
  • Must be a northern thing, Cathy. Most people I talk to up here who keep gushing over Krispy Kreme have spent time in the South, whereas most of the northerners I talk to just don't get it. x:-)
  • I didn't get the Krispy Kreme thing, either. Then I went to one of their stores and an employee handed me a donut right off the line. It had just cooled off enough to eat. It literally melted in my mouth. Now when I'm in the south and their "Hot Donuts" sign is on, I stop in.
  • I agree about Krispie Kremes - I think they're altogether too sweet.

I'm a big fan of Culver's butter burgers & onion rings. Also like just about anything from Taco Bell. Another favorite is Arby's chicken, bacon & swiss sandwich, with an occasional jamoca shake for a real treat.
  • Being from the south, and also being from the area where Krispy Kreme began (Winston-Salem, NC) I feel I have to say something. Maybe you do have to live around here to appreciate the wonderful donuts. But, my brother says it best when he says it is a sin to ride by a Krispy Kreme and not stop if the "hot now" sign is on. When you grew up on them, no other donut will do!
  • After Scott posted this, I got a craving for Wendy's - haven't been there in a few weeks. Ordered a spicy chicken sandwich. Well, when I got to the window this nice young lady handed me my bag of goodies with a big smile on her face. I fired her last summer. Should I have eaten the food?
  • I would closely monitor my vital signs for a while if I were you!
  • Taco Bell Bean Burrito and Nachos - YUM
  • Hear, Hear!!! Love their bean burritos. x;-)