Ray's Pinup Picture

Ok, girls (and boys) here it is... my HR Hero picture.

The pose was based on Don's description of me, he said, "(Ray) rests his elbows on his desk which he always stays behind while talking to employees".

For the fellow musicians on the forum, notice the trombone wallpaper on my computer and for the soda/pop participants, the Mountain Dew in front of my printer.

I'll be watching for other brave souls to post their pictures.

[url]http://www.hrhero.com/forum/raythehrhero.jpg[/url]

Comments

• 81 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Great shot! Can you hear me whistling?

Amanda

xclap :oo

• Oh, this is spooky. One of my coworkers happened to see this when I opened it and asked when this picture OF ME was taken! The glasses are the same, haircut is the same... same befuddled look on the face...

I'm leaving now. x:o
  • COOL, maybe you have found your twin. .now you have to post so we can judge!!
  • Me too, especially now that I see how much younger Ray looks than I and he is 2 weeks older. .I know he will deny it, but I think he colors his hair. .(shhhhh)
  • I agree with Amanda, great shot. Nobody would guess by your calm-cool-collected pose that you were nearly run off the road that morning. That WAS the same day, right?

Proves that you are a durable HR dude. Wahoo!
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-29-03 AT 03:48PM (CST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-29-03 AT 03:25 PM (CST)[/font]

Nice picture, you look great in your shirt and kudos for posting. .However once again we have a forum fellow who is not showing his legs.. .

You also look younger than 50..a fact I deeply resent..
  • VERY Impressive! err...the shirt that is. x;-)
  • Hey Ray, nice picture. So how do you get a t-shirt? I'll post a picture if I get one! I might even show a little leg!
  • James Sokoloski (of M. Lee Smith Publishers) a.k.a "The T-shirt Pimp" promised to send a T-shirt to anyone who would have their picture made in it to post on the Forum. So you need to show a little leg. You won't be the first. We've seen Paul of Cannon Beach's legs and then nine moths later we saw pictures of his new baby. Connection?

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Ray: Nice picture, but you expect us to believe you're 50? There's not a single post-it note on your monitor. OK, where do you hide them?
  • Look at that - I get busy and miss the next pin-up!

Great shot Ray - and so serious too.

I don't know why but I pictured you with dark hair. Got it goin'!

And putting the picture out there gets you off the hook a bit for yesterday!
  • Sonny, that's my natural hair color - used a cheap digital camera, so it's not a very clear shot. My hair was darker until the gray started to be obvious. Now I call it blond. Remember I posted before that I had had facial hair for most of 25 years. So imagine me with a Van Dyke or goatee for those of us who had been using the wrong term. Come on, Sonny, post a picture - I dare you. See how kind people are being to me, we will be kind to you too. In fact you may even get a few wolf whistles. I had actually had a picture in shorts taken at home in my garden, but because of the shadows my face didn't show. I thought my face might be more interesting than my varicose veined legs.

Parabeagle, now you have to post a picture, you big chicken.

For the rest being so kind... thank you.

Scott, email a digital picture to "web administrator" - James was very helpful setting it up so I could post it. He even cropped it and maybe took 10 years off me.
  • I'm impressed with the blonde locks, the nice expensive executive chair, the lawyer-esque green desk lamp, and is that a shadow or is there the tatooed name "Mona" on your forearm? Could be "Moaner", but please clarify. Your look a bit like a high school principal I had, the one with the electric paddle in his closet who was cavorting with the English teacher behind the school gym. But, I digress. Thanks for posting the photo; several of us do have the cajones to do it, huh?
  • Actually Don, I have the exact same model and color of chair that our VP has. I'm sure you are impressed.

As to the tattoo, my arm is turned just so you can't quite read all of it. It actually says "Monarch". I have absolute rule.

And how did you know I had a thing for English teachers?

• Aha! So that's Ray A. Funny, you don't look like a chauvinist.
  • Rita is certainly being disruptive this morning... she's been sarcastic all over the forum. x;-)
  • Rita is like a fireman that recently got sent to jail here. He was always starting fires, then showing up on the corner watching the fire. Now, she'll level me with that Jersey 2x4 she carries in her trench coat!
  • Yo! Beaglepuss. You think those were sacastic? And I was just getting warmed up.
  • >Yo! Beaglepuss.

Is that anything like "Yo! Adrian!" And did you use your best Sly Stallone impersonation? :DD

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-30-03 AT 02:08PM (CST)[/font][p]Sonny,

Hey, who's side you on?
  • I wonder who the poor soul is you are talking to at that very moment. You look as if you are either delivering bad news to them and have on your "HR face" or you are listening to some poor employee as they give you the reason they no-showed, came in drunk, got their nose pierced, or something like that. x;-)

I am jealous of the t-shirt! I envy your beautiful desk! (mine is small, scarred, a strip of wood-laminate is being held on with scotch tape, and one of my drawers doesn't shut all the way) I describe it as "having character".

Because I am relatively new to the Forum I will wait for the rest of the "elite" and senior Forumites to send in pics. Only then will I request a shirt so I can grace you with a pic of me and the dark circles under my eyes. x:D
  • Very nice Ray. I just recieved my shirt as well and I think I will go for the "cooking while wearing" look that I have achieved here.
  • Hi everyone!

I wasn't on the forum long enough to see the others. So far I've seen Don D., Ray, and Margaret. I got my shirt last week and the deal is to pose in the shirt, but I got an EXTRA LARGE! They must be one-size-fits-all. I get my husband's extra large shirts for sleepwear!

What's all the talk about "legs?"

I'll keep my end of the deal, but now I have to think creatively.

Don and Ray you look great - and you're both in my (sort of) age group.

Hmmm. Gotta go think.

"Sam"
  • Sam,

You've seen all the pictures that have been posted, except the one from the "Legs of Cannon Beach" (Paul). James Sokolowski worked some magic on the Forum recently which allowed people that had missed the picture to view it again. James, can you do it again?

My professional picture (with plenty of expensive retouch, thank goodness!) got posted because that dog James Sokolowski posted it without my permission. I had a request to wear my t-shirt and a tiara and post a picture of that. I will not put myself through that experience until the following people post their pictures:

James Sokolowski (the T-shirt pimp)
    Anne Williams (Attorney from M. Lee Smith Publishers)
    Parabeagle (Who was nicknamed Beaglepuss by Ritaanz)
    Ritaanz (Needs absolutely no introduction!)
    Sonny (Who made me the Princess of the Forum)
    Frank WOCO (Winner of the HR Haiku contest)
    Laura Fernandez (Very spunky member of the Forum)
    Scott Orr (Who promised us legs!)
    Theresa Gegan (Attorney who gives sage and practical advice to us all the time)
    Mjindra (New, but clearly spunky!)
    jimpro (The resident chef of the Forum)
    Leslie (Inquiring minds want to know what you look like)
    NaeNae55 (With a screen name like that, we have to see what you look like. We also don't believe that there are 54 other NaeNae's in the world.)

There are 13 total - a baker's dozen.

When I see the "Dirty "Dozen's" pictures posted, I'll dig out my T-shirt and tiara and I'll even wear my hair down, but not until they come across with a posted photo!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • Okay, I've done my part. Put my t-shirt request in with James today. At 5'2', I think I may be able to wear the extra large as a dress. So, does the pants dress code still count James if the shirt falls below my knees?
  • Leslie, if you wear shorts who will know?

• Ray, what in the world are you still doing hanging around the forum??? It's 7:45 pm by your time. Can't get enough huh??

About the shorts - it will be a guessing game! x;-)
  • Just, PULEEEZ, cover up those Nascar tatoos.