Lest we forget...

If you are faint of heart, you may not want to view this...although it brought tears to my eyes...

Some really great quotes from our forefathers, powerful images, set to music...truly a must see...th-up Never Forget!

[url]http://64.177.83.63/liberty/email.htm[/url]

Comments

• 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thank you. I salute you for sharing this. As the daughter of a veteran and the wife of a veteran, both of whom were career military, I firmly believe this should be on the news daily if not hourly, every station. We forget at our own peril. I salute you.

Carole
  • Thanks for sharing it with us. We will always remember!

Chari
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-25-03 AT 11:09AM (CST)[/font][p]You are all most welcome...it truly touched me. Even though I haven't forgotten, a powerful reminder such as this can still help remind us what this country was founded upon, and helps us to remember those heros who have helped us to have the freedom we've come to know.

EDIT:

Glad you have found it to be as emotional and powerful as I. Also, if you want more info on why, at the end of the presentation, click the 'info' button. It is in tiny grey print in the center of the screen next to the 'e-mail' button. You can send comments, or copy the link for friends and family
  • HS, are you in northern NJ close to NYC? I'm about 250 miles from NYC in southern NY and will never forget that day. I don't think us office workers got much work done - we were all glued to the internet news sites. There tends to be tension between upstate and downstate NY, mostly out of politcal concerns, but on that day we were all NY'ers.
  • Yes, in Northern NJ and less than an hour from the city. We too were glued to the news on the internet. I still have not gone 'east of 287' far enough to see the new skyline, and part of me never wants to see it...too much of a reminder of the loss of life. My sister, her husband and children, from another state had been there just months before and took pictures, she had them developed just shortly before. Too explain that to her small children, that the buildings they had seen were gone, the loss of life, etc., must have been no small task. Thankfully I had noone that I know of directly affected, but indirectly we had employees with family members who were there, some who even lost their lives. I for one will also never forget!
  • There are many of these on the web and everytime I look at one it chokes me up! I for one will NEVER forget!
  • That's chilling.

The one song that gets me everytime and takes me back to 9/11 is Proud to be an American by Lee Greenwood. Heard it with the fireworks on the third and the fourth, and always have to have a tissue with me.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-11-03 AT 07:59AM (CST)[/font][p]Hearing some of the coverage on the radio this morning, got me to thinking. Are we doing too much to remember that day, or not enough? What are your thoughts?

There was a great song by someone named Darryl Worley, sounded a bit like Alan Jackson. If I find the link to the words, I'll post them...they were quite powerful.

Are you doing anything at your places of work today?

EDIT: here is the link to the words of that song:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/islandlyrics/darrylworley/worley24.txt[/url]
  • To explain what follows, I live in NYC and saw the towers come down.
    There is a very fine line between appropriate remembrance and overdoing it. For the survivors and for those who lost loved ones and friends the wound it still raw. That is why there is so much discussion about what is an appropriate memorial at ground zero. On a personal level, I don't think the ceremonies are too much at this time. However, the commercialization around it, is wrong headed. No way are you going to convince me that T-shirts, mugs etc. covered with eagles, American Flags, pictures of ground zero or the twin towers being hawked in the streets is right. Television doing coverage but including commercials also seems like bad taste. That's my vent for day.
  • I have a cousin that was in the building when it was hit. He was only two blocks away when the they started to fall. Last fall I went to visit him and he brought us to the place he was standing the moment the first tower came down. It was over powering. Today I think about it and remember how so many died at the hands of so few. They tried to take a small part of our freedom away, and for just that short period of time we forgot about our differences and realized that we were all human beings.
  • Shortly after arriving here today, I looked out the window as a fire department ladder truck went by. A large American flag blew proudly in the wind as the truck carried about ten firefighters in dress blues to the remembrance ceremony at the courthouse. That will be as much as I can take today - just this one visual choked me up completely.

Anne in Ohio
  • I just realized this site is under construction. Here's one that isn't:

[url]http://home.comcast.net/~sept11/[/url]

• Thank you Leslie, another powerful memorial. I just have to say, "Thank-you to the heroic efforts of all those who saved the tens of thousands of lives that could have been lost were it not for your heroism. Although it is a tragedy that we lost several thousand, the toll could have been higher without the bravery, courage and strength of those individuals who acted."

I for one do not like war, but am grateful the president is acting upon this injustice done to our nation. We cannot sit idly by and let these terrorists get the better of us. We have our beliefs that we must stand up to and act upon. To those who oppose the president's actions what would you have us do? Sit back and do nothing? Allow these terrorists another chance to attack another city? Have thousands more innocents lose their lives, their families left behind, their children to grow up without one or both of their parents?

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are still suffering through a loss, may strength and courage be yours to overcome.

For those who were unable to see the original link, "blood of heroes", keep trying...it was truly moving with the quotes from our forefathers.
  • I also have family members in the service, and my father is a Korean veteran, my uncle did two tours of duty in Vietnam, my Grandfather was in WWII, and my great-great grandfather served in the civil war. Some family members are in Iraq now.

Although the first link is down, I visited another one. I haven't forgotten, can't forget, never will forget.

As for remembrances, here in my small town our remembrance was small. Our high school is home to the only ROTC unit in this part of the state, and I believe we are the smallest school in the Midwest to have a unit. Yesterday morning NJROTC Public Affairs Officer Ensign Ashley Moore, proudly performed the National Anthem at 8:46 a.m. to a group of parents, high school students and local veterans. Most of us cried. Ashley is my youngest daughter. The ceremony seemed perfect....

Annie
  • For those of you who were unable to view this the first time around because the site was down, someone just sent me this link the other day to the same site.

[url]http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm[/url]

• Very powerful and just as upsetting seeing those images now as the first time and will most definitely continue to bring tears to my eyes and a heaviness to my heart for the rest of my life.
  • I don't think it will ever leave anyone's mind, especially those nearest the tragedy. Sometimes we spend way too much time talking about frivolous things like who's showing what on tv and not enough talking about the important things in life. Countless coworkers had family in or near the area that thankfully survived. Another ex-coworker of mine lost his only son and a coworker lost a cousin. Both worked for Cantor Fitzgerald who suffered the greatest loss. They have an excellent tribute on the Cantor Fitzgerald website that the families and friends can go to post thoughts.

[url]http://www.cantorfamilies.com/cantor/jsp/index.jsp[/url]