Being petty/about to scream

Some of you may remember that my finance manager (my boss) who is ethically challenged, socially irritating, as humorless as a piece of cardboard gave notice awhile back. Well he is still here and I still have a thorn in my side.
We decided that the new Finance Mgr would go ointo my office which is larger than his office. I hate to lose the space but OK. We have'nt hired the new person yet but he chooses this week to make the move. It is also the same week that we are getting a friendly audit of the store and the Boss wants to have the offices looking spiffy. So on teusday he informs me that the next day we would make the big switch. I come in on wednesday and start packing up my office. Then I move all my filing cabinets out. He then decides that he wants his desk to face a different way and does not lift a finger to help me move it. In the meantime he has not moved one single piece of paper in his office to accomodate me. His office has always been a disaster area with piles and piles of invoices etc everywhere.
Since he is not ready to move yet he instructs me to move all my carefully packed boxes back into my office overnight and he will have room in his office the next day. NOPE. I spend thursday down at the front end answering phones because I don't have an office. Friday, still nothing in the am. By 1:00 he is ready for me to move in. I have lost 2 and a 1/2 days of work. So I start to move into my MUCH smaller office when I notice something missing. I had a small wooden chair that I would use as a place for other people to sit. It will barely fit in here but it is the only chair that can. I go into his MUCH bigger office that could accomodate a second chair of any size and there I see it with a pile of invoices already making a home there. When I informed himthat it was my chair he said that so sorry he was going to need it.
I WANT MY CHAIR!!!!!!!!!
I feel I am being childish about a chair but it is so much more than that. I have this image of he and I playing tug of chair in the hallway.
Oh when, oh when is he ever going to leave!!!!!!!!

Comments