Wonderful Surprises

This morning I came into my office to find a dozen white roses on my desk. They were from a friend who knew I was having a crappy week and he decided to brighten my day. How sweet!

How many of you have ever been totally surprised by a sweet gesture, whether a co-worker, friend, or loved one just because?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It sounds like you have a great friend!

Yes, I have to say that my husband has surprised me on numerous occasions. I'm not a huge fan for the "hallmark" type holidays (Valentine's Day, Sweetheart's Day, etc.) The best flowers, gifts, etc. are received "just because"...i'm thinking of you; i care; i love you, etc.

• My boyfriend at the time(now my husband) surprised me on Valentine's Day when he picked me up from work had packed my clothes with the help of my sisters and took me on a romantic weekend where he proposed.
    I was in TOTAL SHOCK.x:o
    That was 12 yrs ago.
  • My daughter surprises me with flowers in the office once in a while. My sweet husband recently discovered a jewelry shopping channel and bought me an "everyday diamond ring" and an "everyday sapphire ring". He often spends his extra cash on gems for me.
  • A client once sent me a bouquet of flowers when Logan Airport reopened after 9/11...she knew I lived right near the airport and could not sleep because I was frightened by the sounds (which never bothered me before that day). It was so very thoughtful of her.
  • Over the years, (25 to be exact) my husband has surprised me on several occasions. The best was when I can home from having our first child - a boy. He gave me a little white box with a silver charm in it that read "To the Best Mother". That one made me cry........ I added it to the charm bracelet that he gave me for my 16th birthday.
  • I hate surprises, my self. .
  • The girls in the office all have charm bracelets. (We offered to get one for the only male here - he declined)

Anyway, we all surprise each other with charms that fit certain situations. My charms are:

HORSE SHOE: I discovered an employee "researching" sex with farm animals on the internet
    FAIRY: because everyone needs a fairy godmother sometimes
    CANDY CANE: Christmas
    BRA WITH PINK RHINESTONES: I had to talk to a Director about her visible undergarments and cleavage
    BALLET SHOES: I used to teach dance classes
    PALM TREE: we often wish we could just take off for San Diego - just for a day
    LIPSTICK: the shape of your lipstick says a lot about your personality
    LADYBUG: for good luck (dad had a cancerous tumor - he's fine now)
    ANGEL: for good luck (had an employee who consumed much of my time for a while)
    SUN: resembles our company logo

When I am frustrated or feel like I'm getting nowhere, I mentally replay all the anecdotes that go along with each charm. Works like a charm! (sorry - I couldn't resist)

• I have a charm bracelet that I add to when my son and I travel. There is a whale (for San Diego Sea World), cowboy hat (Texas), airplane (our first airflight together, Gateway Arch and etc. etc. - you get the idea.

It's a neat and inexpensive way to have memories.

My son will probably never wear it- but hopefully it will mean something to him someday.
  • We went to San Francisco for our honeymoon and my in-laws sent a limo to pick us up at the airport. That was a nice suprise after spending 6 hours in a plane. There was a guy standing by the luggage holding a sign with our names on it. I had called ahead to our B&B and had flowers delivered to the room before we got there.