So, did you?

Well, I told you I'd hold you to it...it's been over six months since we stated our New Year's Resolutions.

So...did you stick to them? How about those who were to shy to post theirs, did you?

As for me, I figure, half the year is over, and I completed about 1/2 of my objective so far. I've been eating healthier, just haven't been exercising more. Haven't seen any difference as of yet, but I still have another 1/2 year to go. Then again, there is ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!

x:D

Comments

• 19 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • my new years resolution was to read the New Testament and I am about 1/2 way through, so I think I will accomplish it by the end of the year.

Good luck with yours!
  • I am behind on reading the number of books I wanted to, and way behind on my sewing and quilting projects, but I did pass my PHR and that was a resolution for last year and the year before!
  • So far I've managed to keep my resolution of making no resolutions! x;-)
  • I have a long standing resolution to 'take at least one untaken-road each weekend' and if I miss, I have to double up another weekend. So far I'm pretty much keeping up with my promise. And I also have a resulution to clean up at least one headstone in an old cemetery per month. I'm keeping up with that too. And it must be the headstone of somebody I never heard of. These are the only resolutions I can publicly comment on.
  • >I have a long standing resolution to 'take at least one untaken-road
    >each weekend' and if I miss, I have to double up another weekend. So
    >far I'm pretty much keeping up with my promise. And I also have a
    >resulution to clean up at least one headstone in an old cemetery per
    >month. I'm keeping up with that too. And it must be the headstone of
    >somebody I never heard of. These are the only resolutions I can
    >publicly comment on.

Hey Don! What a neat thing to do about taking an "untaken road" each weekend. I can't tell you how many times I have taken such roads and found wonderful "short cuts" that avoid hassel and traffic.

• Well Congrats to all of you so far who've "stuck to your guns" (What does that saying mean anyway?)

xclap

What a fine resolution Parabeagle, that might just have to be mine for next year, and Don, you know now you've peaked our curiosity once again. Shame on you for teasing us!
  • I am just now (today as a matter of fact!) working on my resolution, which was to get back into shape! I used to be very athletic, played softball and soccer, ran. I want to get back into that shape. So, I have signed up for the local rec. center, paid my dues, and have gotten a personal trainer. If I do not come back tomorrow, it is because he has killed me!!!!!!
  • My news years resolution was to get in better shape. This included joining a soccer league, reading four books and getting back to the gym. SO far so good. I haven't lost a pound but I feel great and so far I've read two books, both by James Patterson. My goal for next year is to obtain my PHR.
  • Scott, I never knew reading a book to actually help anybody get in shape, unless they read it while rowing a boat with the other hand, or they read it when they got to the top of the mountain.
  • He is shaping up his mind...sometimes mental health is as important as physical health (trust me, I am putting off my mental health development as long as I can, I figure what would I rather do...a few hundred crunches or reach sanity??? Well, I am starting the crunches tonight, so draw your own conclusions!)
  • Flipping pages is exercise! Right?! I usually read while on the exercise bike or crosstrainer. Besides all the mental health benefits I receive!
  • Well Scott, by your theory then, my brain should be in great shape! I love to read and have finished several books this year so far. Funny, I don't feel any healthier...:-?
  • My resolution was to lose 20 pounds by my birthday - which is coming up fast!

I'm about 9 down and 11 to go - but I'm healthier than I was on January 1.
  • Mine was to lose weight, live better, and slow down. Have been utterly unsuccessful on all three counts (well, have lost about nine pounds but nowhere near what I was hoping for.)
  • Mine was to continue to get my husband to fill my car with gas each week. It has worked very well, although there was one time I had to take his Jeep because it had more gas than mine. On that occassion, the only thing I would do differently would be to TELL him I was taking his Jeep. I did not know that he had planned to go fishing with his brother and had loaded up the Jeep the night before. Of dear..............
  • Would serve you right if he took your car fishing and left two fish heads in the trunk. Women are like mules sometimes...you gotta break women from doing this kinda stuff! You have to get their attention. The fish heads would get their attention after about 10 days.
  • Watch it...there is nothing worse than a woman with a vendetta and an attitude!
  • >Women are like mules sometimes...you gotta break
    >women from doing this kinda stuff! You have to get their attention.

Don, you are treading on thin ice here...These Forum women can be quite vicious, better watch out. Me, I'm controling myself...

• My Dear Don: The rest of the story....... He filled the gas tank of my car, drove it to my work place, switched cars and went on his merry way to the fishing hole. Besides, if he had put the fish in my car, he would have been the one to clean 'em up. That's the way it works in my world.