DON D's CENTERFOLD PHOTO

Comments

• Don

Don't know which looks better; you or the bike. Thanks for giving us a face to go with your words of wisdom!

Nae
  • Woo-hoo! Way to go, Don! xclap Glad to see the t-shirt finally moseyed down to Mississippi. Sounds like you're the REAL DEAL HR Hero around here ... but then we already knew that!

Cheers!

Christy
  • Hey Don, I'm with Margaret, I have to confess, the image I had of you in my mind doesn't quite match what's posted. I can't wait to see Trinity's reaction....................
  • Pictures of a wizened wizard floating in some of your heads? You were expecting Gandalf?

I saw the photo and thought, there's Don. He looks like someone I know. And maybe after a year or so of bantering back and forth on this forum, I guess I do.

And Don, since Ritaanz and I are both in Arizona, I think you need to come here and we'll hitch it up.
  • ;;) Wow, I didn't realize this forum was also a place for singles to meet! When are you two going to hook up (Don D & Ritannz)?

Don D. - definitely, not as I had imagined - I thought you were stodgy (but in a good way). Dig the bottle tree....
  • Yikes! After being away from the forum for a few days, I've tuned back in to find Don D staring at me. I can't say I hated it. It's hilarious reading through the posts, because everybody said what I was thinking . . .

Dandy Don, I thought you were graying, older, and slightly overweight. SORRY
    Your infinite wisdom puts that picture in my head. (And the fact that you picked on my Wisconsin-isms, I'm not quite over that yet. :-) I thought you were a "desk-man".)

Just the opposite . . . I'm going out to buy a sign for my driveway - motorcycle parking only.

And didn't you say you were 50? Was that your son?
  • I took a few days away to do payroll and run the department and look what happens! I think it's highly appropriate that we finally get to see the Real Don.

I disagree with all of you. I pictured Don this way. The only thing missing is the leather jacket with the three chains over one arm that I conjured up with Don's image.

Your wife is a lucky person - and probably you are a lucky person to have her. (To be understanding about bottle trees and a motorcycle AND frequent conversations with unknown women on the "FORUM".)

Zanne
  • With all of the wise counsel Don dispenses do you really think he tells his wife about all his women friends on the internet? I know I wouldn't.
  • Smart guy Ray, I was wondering the same thing.

Where's Don been in this conversation? We hardly heard from him, which is highly unusual. I bet he's on the road, heading for ritaanz.
  • x:-8 With all of the responses - and suggestions - I thought Don D. was single - my bag. Sorry!
  • That's okay, mwild31, as a 12-time poster you're not yet used to our repartee. A lot of things are written on this particular forum that we wouldn't dare leave evidence of in the workplace! When you read the other forums we're much more staid - really we are.

• Either Don is off this afternoon or got scared off by all these wild women after him!
  • No Rockie, I've not been off, but am Monday. I've been compiling a national roadmap route and plan to stop by and see all the people who posted who also have a posted recipe on the recipe thing. Like those people who walk from coast to coast to raise money for charity, I plan to show up at various Forum Poster houses or places of work to do a little recipe testing and call some bluffs! I'm not single but may be if I share this thread at home. I don't know why people would think I look like Andy Rooney or fat and grey with a watch chain, or frowning or in a three piece suit. I am not a curmudgeon type at all! See how judgmental you guys can be? You were actually describing VMiller, the MO attorney, Pork and perhaps Gillian. PS: I think Ritaanz only figured 50% of the gas money in her formula cause she only offered enough for a one-way. What about the ride back home? Arizona is the first push pin on my map. x:-)
  • Silly boy. Mississippi to Arizona is one way. I need to protect my investment.
    x:-) Not to mention the cost of the sign, "The Beast parks here".
  • WHOO HOO!! All I can say is that my Harry may have a little competition...looking good Don..I like the bike, tree, and the nonchalant-James Dean pose..

Have to agree with the others..not what I was expecting. While I knew about the bike and bottle tree from your previous posts, I was expecting an older guy, with a gray beard and a beer belly hiding behind his leather riding jacket. ;;)

• I'm away at the SHRM Convention and come back to this...
    Whoa Don - way to go! :DD

Great photo. I have to admit it, Don, you look nothing like I had pictured.
    I figured Don's looks were a la Andy Rooney.

Anyway, Don, I know I'm not wrong about your wit and wisdom; both things
    I can count on and look forward to when logging on the Forum.

Thanks for it all! xclap
  • Don, unlike the others, you look pretty close to what I would have imagined - except for the goatee, maybe. A typical 50 something guy with his new toy (midlife crisis).

BTW, your forehead is bigger than mine, or maybe I just have more hair. x;-)
  • I actually pictured him as tall, leathery, skinny with a HUGE southern drawl and a pencil-thin moustache -- and not nearly as follically-challenged as he appears. Kinda like a Mississippian I knew in Recruiting School.
  • x:o Oh my goodness! Beaglepuss, you're in trouble now. I thought one does not speak of a woman's age or a man's follicles.
  • Oh, you're just giving me a bad time because you're sweet on him, Rita! x;-)
  • Darling, that's not giving you a bad time. I was merely trying to educate one who has been around the legal field too long, that they should not behave as a shark. BTW, I do believe you are jealous.
  • Well, truth be told I am somewhat envious of his bottle tree -- though I don't see how it can generate much shade. As for the legal background, the shark-like behavior is an occupational hazard. x;-)

• Don,

You're the superman of the Employers' Forum. Thanks for the photo.

Eva
  • As somewhat of a lurker on this board (I've benefited GREATLY by the advice from others on a couple of questions that I've posted) I had to get my 2 cents in. You guys are GREAT! I'll tell ya--this is exactly what we HR folk need when we're up to our necks in C_ _P from employees, supervisors, etc. This puts a smile back on our faces and lets us know there's others out there sharing our woes.

Frankly, I think it's wonderful to be able to match a face with a name. And even better to know that you guys are NORMAL people, too (OK--so not many people would have that many bottle trees in their yard, but I'm sure we all have other various quirks). Thanks for sharing, Don--and for being a great sport about it!

Paige
  • Many times I've read references to Paul's picture and his legs ... however, I've never seen this picture -- can anyone tell me where to look?

Don - I have to confess that I too pictured you to look much older, much more serious, and wearing a 1970's era business suit with a 4" wide tie that only kinda matched your suit. So sorry for that!! It is nice to match a face with a name - thanks for sharing! I'd suggest that you start your road trip here in Minnesota first - you wouldn't want to be on that bike during our winters! You are welcome to park it in my driveway any day, but my hubby may wonder. Maybe our spouses will form a support group for families of forumite addicts...hmmm. x;-)
  • After wearing suits for 20 years I gave them all away. I do have ONE now but only for funerals, but will not wear one in my own. I think I own three ties and they are all whatever today is acceptable, none wider than 5 inches, and only one with flowers on it. Also a Texas String-Tie. The mid-life crisis is an absolute ball and gets better every day.

To the rest of you, "Do something tomorrow that absolutely nobody in the world will believe you did. Do it in the open. Don't mention it again but wait for others to. Then ball up your fist in a knot and jerk your elbow down to your waist and screech, YESSSS!" You may be dead tomorrow. Then what will you say?
  • Okay, I have to clear up one major, life-altering misconception of epic proportions.

What Don has is not a goatee. Shaggy on Scooby Doo has a goatee. What Don has is technically called a "Van Dyke".

Sincerely,

Mr. Analretentive About Facial Hair
  • the wealth of knowledge that I gain here, just never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for the clarification.
  • I have never heard of a Van Dyke. My husband has what I always referred to as a goatee but I guess I stand corrected.

At any rate - goatee or van dyke. I love them!