Driving Records

Our insurance carrier is requiring us to start checking driving records. I need to draft a release for employees/potential employees to sign so we can obtain these records but I don't know what all needs to be in it. Does anyone have a form they'd share?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Check your private messages. I copied the wording from ours into a message for you.
  • Our state DMV has a form that is required to submit for request of records. You may check with your state's DMV too.
  • Watson, do you check driving records for all employees or only employees who will be driving company vehicles? I require all new employees to bring a copy of his/her driving record. We do periodic checks to assure no one is driving one of our vehicles on a suspended license. We don't have a policy that says we will do so, but now that I think about it, I should probably get a release form too.

• Just did the same thing. I have a form that I can send. Email me.

Nietra
  • Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. Our carrier wants us to check records for all employees just in case they might ever be asked to drive either a company vehicle or their own vehicle on the company's behalf. We've been told we have to get them to sign a release because we are checking their private records and that information could possibly be used against them in employment decisions if their record is bad. Now I need to figure out what goes into the release. I'm user-illiterate as to how to e-mail any of you individually though so those of you who have responded, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just plain ignorant! Please e-mail me any info you have if you don't mind at [email]watson@stepenv.com[/email].

Thanks again!