Policy and Procedures Manual

I have just been directed to create a policy and procedures manual. Our controller found software that provides templates and suggestions. I'd like to know if anyone has used this kind of software and if so, what you used, since you all are in the HR trenches with me! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Linda

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When we got ready to revise our handbook, I looked at a couple sample software packages that a neighboring company had purchased. My contention that was that I was going to have to change so much verbiage to make it sound anywhere near like our company that it was more cost and time effective for me to just do it myself, and I did.
  • Right out of the chute, Linda, I am frightened by your statement indicating YOUR CONTROLLER is involved in the process of your writing a P&P manual. If you know anything at all about me, you know that one of my underlying principles is that no accounting type person has any business whatsoever directing, guiding, recommending, pushing, leading, assisting or controlling anything at all involved in Human Resources. He directs you to software or a website; later he assesses your utilization of that material, then he evaluates your approach and reaches a conclusion as to your accomplishment. Can you see where this is going? Jump ship if you feel a chill going up your spine!

I'll accept any contrary opinion, even Marc's.
  • Spooks me, too, Don! What gets me is that the people who will ultimately approve this manual know nothing about HR laws and issues. The biggest problem our department has is a complete and utter lack of autonomy. I'd love to jump ship on this. I'm not sure how I can do that without appearing resistant or "getting into trouble". I'm open to suggestions!