›

Credit Card Policy

Does anyone have a policy for the use of company credit cards? We are considering issuing credit cards to a few individuals and I'd like to have something in writing stating they can't use it for personal things, etc. Could I say that if personal items are purchased with the card, we can deduct that amount from their paycheck? Any assistance in this matter would be very helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ours doesn't say much:

The general manager is responsible for defining business expense policy and guidelines.

Penalty for Abuse - Abuse or falsification of expense account records will result in the application of FME disciplinary procedures.

Of course it's defined, however, we say nothing about reimbursement if the card is abused.
  • Our credit card policy is:

"[Company] will, at management’s discretion, issue a company credit card or travel advances to managers who will regularly incur customer entertainment or business travel expenses. Credit cards or advances are only to be used for [company] business purposes. If you find it necessary to use a company credit card for a non-business emergency, [company] is to be informed of the personal transaction the next business day and the company is to be reimbursed immediately. Lost or stolen cards must be reported to the accounting office immediately.

Credit card receipts are to be submitted at the end of each week, or immediately after returning from a business trip, on a properly completed Expense Report indicating the persons entertained and the nature of the business conducted."

• Thanks for the information. I have gotten a copy of a policy from a local company, and the information is very similar to what you gave me. So this really helps; thank you.