vehicle policy

I need to develop a policy regarding the use of personally owned vehicles for business. It needs to address insurance requirements, vehicle appearance standards, safety expectations, accident reporting, etc.

I can't find anything comparable in any of the policy databases I've searched. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-01-02 AT 11:36AM (CST)[/font][p]Our policy is as follows;

Employees Who Are Required to Drive
    Employees who are required to drive a Company vehicle or their own vehicle on Company business will be required to show proof of current, valid driver's license and current, effective insurance coverage. Copies of these renewal documents must be forwarded to your H.R. Manager.

At the Company's discretion, we may check the DMV records of all employees who drive as part of their job.

The Company retains the right to transfer to an alternative position, suspend, or terminate an employee whose license is revoked, or who fails to maintain personal automobile insurance coverage or who is uninsurable under the Company's policy.

(Getting employees to send these on a regular basis is almost impossible) You will probably have to follow-up to get current copies.)