Percentage Wage Increase

Hi!

I am in CT and I am trying to find out what others are doing for annual pay increases this year.

What are the percentage rates?

Thank you,
A~

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not totally determined yet but probably similiar to last year's 4-5%. If you ask our EEs that question they would answer, "Not enough"!!!!!!
  • Ours is performance based . I have a matrix that has preformance grade on the x axis and where the employee is on her payscale on the y axis. Percentage figures ranging from 0% to 9% populate the matrix grid. I have it designed to progress the employee rapidly during her first year (with good performance) which corresponds to the learning curves for the types of jobs we have here. The matrix doesn't change year to year. However, I adjust the pay scales on a yearly basis using market surveys such as the one Christy is referring to. I use three surveys. This past year, depending on the job description, the adjustments were 2.5% to 2.75%.

• >Ours is performance based . I have a matrix that
    >has preformance grade on the x axis and where
    >the employee is on her payscale on the y axis.
    >Percentage figures ranging from 0% to 9%
    >populate the matrix grid. I have it designed to
    >progress the employee rapidly during her first
    >year (with good performance) which corresponds
    >to the learning curves for the types of jobs we
    >have here. The matrix doesn't change year to
    >year. However, I adjust the pay scales on a
    >yearly basis using market surveys such as the
    >one Christy is referring to. I use three
    >surveys. This past year, depending on the job
    >description, the adjustments were 2.5% to 2.75%.

Larry,

Are you in health care?

If so, I would be interested in getting a copy of your matrix. If you would rather not share it, I can understand that too.

Thanks
  • Sorry, I am not in healthcare.

Thanks for the information you provided me.

A~
  • Roman, I'm not in health care but I would still be willing to share the matrix with you. Contact me privately and I'll get it to you.

Where in Michigan are you? I grew up in St.Joseph, went to college in Houghton, and lived Ishpeming before moving here.
  • We use a matrix just like LarryC's and it's based on performance. Our average is 2.5% and we're a government non-profit.
  • We too have a matrix or formula that is based on their overall evaluation rating. The higher their over rating the higher the wage increase they receive. Our Board has not yet set the numbers for our next round of reviews (we will not complete annual reviews until April '06)but they tend to run in the 2.5% to 3.0% for those that are meeting the requirements of their positions.
    Good luck...
  • Our wage increases don't fluctuate from year to year as we're government funded and we don't have any profits to share with employees. We may make an across the board COL adjustment based on wage surveys some years, but on average, if an employee is performing adequately, they get 3%. If they've done something extraordinary, they may get 4-5%, and if they've done poorly but not bad enough to get fired, they may get 0-2%. Our pay increases over five percent are not based on merit but upon taking on additional and more responsible duties (like supervisorship).