Position Control.....HELP!!

I work in the healthcare industry. We have a rural hospital, ltc, clinics, etc. We have approximately 24 different departments. One problem is training our Department Managers that we have some position control procedures in place and that they are required to use them at all times!!

But I am interested to find out from others what types of position controls you utilize in your company and if you feel they are successful. Maybe I need to update our procedures. Please share what you can! Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm drawing a blank ... what are position control procedures?

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-27-04 AT 04:42PM (CST)[/font][br][br]I guess MY definition of it is, controlling how # of FTE's, hires, positions within departments, etc. My frustrations are from trying to communicate and enforce the procedures with our Dept. Mgrs. so that they are not just hiring and increasing work schedules without justifying the reasons.
  • Where I work, HR doesn't control that, instead upper management does. If a manager wants to create an open position and begin recruiting for it, the mgr of that manager must first approve the opening before recruiting can begin. This is not our rule, but is the rule of the president of the company.

If the management of your company doesn't care about adhering to budget and having controls in place to ensure they approve of any hiring, then I don't think there's anything you can do about it.
  • >If the management of your company doesn't care
    >about adhering to budget and having controls in
    >place to ensure they approve of any hiring, then
    >I don't think there's anything you can do about
    >it.

Bingo!

James Sokolowski
    HRhero.com