Overtime

Does anyone know where I can get more information on Overtime Pay requirements for employers that pay OT at 8 or 80 hours rule with biweekly pay periods?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • call the local number for the dept. of labor, wage and hour division. the have some very good publications they would be happy to mail free of charge and are very helpful, i have found, when i have questions regarding pay issues.

you might also try your local state agency as well.

good luck
  • ROEP: WELCOME TO THE NET, CONTACT YOUR FRIENDLY FEDERAL WAGE AND HOUR FOLKS, ASK FOR THE FOLLOWING:
    1) Regulations: Part 785, Hours worked Under the FLSA of 1938, As amended
    2)Part 778: Interpretive Bulletin on Overtime Compensation.
    3) Part 541: Defining the Terms- Executive, Administrative, Professional, and Outside Sales.
    4) Part 516: Records to be kept by Employers
    5) Part 825: The Family Medical Leave Act.

and all for free for the asking! There are also some internet connections for the same information. I have had these for quite some time now; they are well marked up and worn from use. You will be very surprised at how managers are amazed to know you know the law and can give them council from your handy dandy rule book.

Good luck in our world, jump in avery time you have a chance. By the way be very selective of the postings that you want to receive a notice when someone post a thread to some posting. It is the little box just above and to the left of the printed word REVIEW. By clicking on this little box you'll go nuts trying to read all of the postings, there must be 1000s upon 1000s of us out here ready to speak our minds, because we don't have anything else better to do. You see we have our HR library all arranged and can very quickly respond with good and some times funny words.

Hope this helps! PORK