DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE PAYCHEX SOFTWARE AS MUCH AS ME???!!!!!

Our company has had this since January 1 of this year. We only switched from ADP Due to conflict of interest, etc.
The service is HORRIBLE. noone is ever around to help you and if they are, they DONT KNOW HOW TO HELP
The software does not work most of the time, we get error messages, etc, it takes our payroll coordinator 6HRS to run a report!!! Has anyone else had as much trouble with this as us???

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why yes I have. I also HATE PayChex. I switched from ADP and went to PayChex, but only stayed with them for approx. 4 months. I am now back to ADP and absolutely love it. I am using their ADP Expert service which is internet based payroll.

I could never get in touch with the PayChex people to resolve problems. At that same time when I started using PayChex I also changed my time clock from E-time (ADP) to TimeCo. After I feel like I have gotten my monies worth from this TimeCo system, I will be going back to ADP's E-Time. TimeCo is very similiar to PayChex, I think PayChex and TimeCo have contracts together to recommend one another. Anyway, I received BAD service from both and would not recommend neither one.
  • At my previous employer we started on the Paychex software and had nothing but trouble. I couldn't submit via modem and kept having to e-mail the file over, and they never fixed the problem. Twice payroll runs were delivered with tremendous errors, and when I would call to get it straightened out, everyone was "in a meeting." We finally switched to ADP and never had another problem.
  • I don't do payroll but I assist on it. One time paychex deducted vacation pay twice on one payroll. This only occured with a handful of ee's (one of them happened to be me). We have hounded them to fix it for over a year!
    And GUESS WHAT??? Just this week paychex sent a corrupt file over to the bank and our employees couldn't cash their paychecks. Paychex actually tell to tell our ee's to get them cashed at a check cashing place where they charge a fee. We finally got the funds released by 4 pm.
    Yes I HATE PACHEX!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • At the beginning , I was very lucky to get a top-notch Paychex rep each step of the way: sales, installation and support. Payroll is done via Internet, easy as pie and no problems. The reports come out right and on time. Quality each step of the way is the key.

Chari
  • WELL YOU ARE AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE
  • I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT PAYCHEX DID NOT INPUT ANYONE'S PDOS AND FLOATING SO WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHO HAS TAKEN WHAT TIME OFF, ETC, MY PAYROLL COORDINATOR NOW HAS TO SPEND 3HRS INPUTTING THE INFO HERSELF, THEY WERE SO BLASE' ABOUT THE WHOLE THING. IF ALL GOES WELL, WE HOPE TO SWITCH BACK!!!
  • We dropped both ADP and Paychex. ADP transferred us from their Chicago office to their Milwaukee office and service dropped dramatically. Paychex was just bad all around. We are now with Payroll Manager out of Madison, Wisconsin. They are excellent.