HRIS Systems

This is the first time I have posted a question to the forum and it may not be appropriate. I'm HR Mgr. for a small company with less than 100 employees and we purchased a HRIS system about three years ago to bring payroll inhouse and more and more we are becoming displeased with this system. We want to keep HRIS inhouse and have begun shopping for a replacement. Anyone out there have a system they would like to recommend?

Thanks,

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We are in the process of putting in the KRONOS system for HRIS and Payroll. They just recently got into the HRIS business (bought ABRA and Best). I have been most impleased with their professionalism and expertise and their implementation team. Whatever they say they will do, they deliver.

We are about 350 employees and are getting to the point where we needed to have a more integrated system. We are also putting in time clocks with a thumb recognition instead of the card swipe. I was impressed with this system because of its capacity to add components and to grow with the company.

We had been using ADP for Payroll and also ReportSmith for reports. I was not impressed at all with ReportSmith and HR Profile. Too cumbersome and not user friendly.

• We are now using ABRA and in another company we used KRONOS for time reporting and I was pleased with it. Did I understand your note correctly that KRONOS has bought ABRA. Does this include the Bestsoftware company in its entirety?
  • >We are now using ABRA and in another company we used KRONOS for time
    >reporting and I was pleased with it. Did I understand your note
    >correctly that KRONOS has bought ABRA. Does this include the
    >Bestsoftware company in its entirety?

This is my understanding from KRONOS as of last week.

• To clarify, Kronos bought the source codes of Abra and not the company.
  • We are a healthcare facility with about 1200 employees in about 30 different locations. We have used Kronos for timekeeping for several years, and ADP for payroll processing. Our financials are using Lawson. Our HR system was PC based and was OK when we were only 50 employee, but is very inadequate with 1200 employee. We wanted something that would connect payroll, HR and financials all togehter.

We formed a team and researched several different companies, and narrowed it down to two: People Soft and Lawson. We prepared a lengthy RFP and began our selection process by requesting each come on site with a demo.

We have not selected a product yet, but we are only days away from the final decision. There are so many different issues to consider. I have been calling references and the biggest concern I hear (no mater what system) is to budget and project realistically.

This may be more information that you need, but I beleive that both PeopleSoft and Lawson have great products. IT is very very costly. But if you are a growing company the software will growth with you.

• We are a municipal government and implemented the MUNIS system for both payroll and financials beginning January of 2000. I handle all of the HR administration, as wel as doing the weekly payroll. I do a weekly payroll inhouse for approximately 55 full time and 45 part-time employees and track all accruals through the payroll system. The payroll system then ties into the accounting system. I personally think the MUNIS system is a great payroll program. It has an additional Personnel Module to track all personnel data. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
  • We use People-Trak for HR side and love it. Very user friendly and good customer support. We have ADP for Payroll. We were using Report Smith/ADP for awhile and hated it. Too confusing. People-Trak is working on payroll software and as soon as it is out, I imagine we'll make the switch.