Help with PTO arguments

2»

Comments

• That's probably the most difficult to manage but not too difficult to overshadow the positives. We inform employees up front that approval of PTO usage after the fact is an exception situation, and that is how it is managed. If there is medical certification to prove the absence, PTO is approved if is available and the employee then has an absence on record for disciplinary purposes. If there is no medical certification or no PTO, none is approved, and ditto about the disciplinary record. The worker's hours are short for the pay period, i.e., short some wages and at risk for losing full-time status & benefits (including PTO). The process seems to weed out the attendance problems as those folks ultimately loose their full-time status, benefits, some wages, and have to work to fill schedules around FT staff.

best wishes

• stilldazed:
    Would you be willing to email me a copy of your PTO policy. We are considering changing to a PTO. Thank you. [email]dianez@tttool.com[/email]
    Diane
  • Would you also email your policy to me? PTO has recently come up as a discussion topic. Your policy will probably help answer some of our questions--and may generate more.
    My email address is: [email]spettegrew@jaxsymphony.org[/email]
    Thanks!