Use of Fitness Room

I am in search of assistance regarding a policy for the use of and release of responsibity when an employee use our fitness room.

e-mail address [email]coberg@staneesrc.org[/email]

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is my first time on the forum and that is exactly what I'm looking for, a "use of fitness center" waiver and release. Did you ever find one? Are you willing to share it? Thanks!

e-mail address: [email]colej@hillsboroughcounty.org[/email]

>I am in search of assistance regarding a policy
    >for the use of and release of responsibity when
    >an employee use our fitness room.
    >
    >e-mail address [email]coberg@staneesrc.org[/email]

• Search the forum topic history. The forum has previously discussed this topic and many offered relevant information to be considered.
  • Here is what we use:

PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY – READ BEFORE SIGNING

In consideration of being allowed to participate in any voluntary physical exercise in (Co. Name) facility, located at (address), I ______________________________, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree that:

1. The risk of injury from any voluntary physical exercise on the premises is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,

2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCES OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,

3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,

4. I acknowledge and agree that the facility is available for convenience only and not a requirement of my job duties at (Co. Name). I further acknowledge that it is not required of me to partake in physical exercise at this facility, including use of any equipment, weights, exercise videos, or any other form of exercise, and that it is strictly voluntary; and,

5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS (Co. Name) nd all of its subsidiaries, their officers, and official agents, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extend permitted by law.

I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

X__________________________________ Age:___________Date Signed:__________
    PARTICIPANT SIGNATURE