Dental Benefits

Hi Everyone,

Do you offer dental benefits, and if so, what percentage if any does your company pay for coverage.

My company has 25 employees.

Thank you, Tina

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have 70 employees and offer dental, fully paid for by the employer if the employee works 30 hrs or more per week. We do not pay for dependents, but employees can cover them.
  • We have 200+ ee's and offer dental at the employee's expense - no employer contribution to premium. We do, however, offer 100% medical premium coverage for employees.
  • Thank you both for sharing your benefits on dental.

For a small company, it is difficult to add additional benefits such as dental when we continuously have to reduce our group health benefits to maintain affordable premiums.

• We have a self-insured plan. We pay a per month fee to the plan administrator, then each month they send an invoice we pay with the actual charges. We insure about 70 people and it reduced our costs significantly. We pay 80% of the cost per employee and 50% for their dependents.
  • Our approach is similar to Parabeaglex2, we let EEs opt into a group dental plan, fully paid by the EEs on a Pre-Tax basis, so they save a little there. We do pay 100% Health and throw in a 2x salary life insurance policy.

Otherwise, all optional benefits are paid by the EE. This includes STD, LTD, three or four AFLAC products, a 403(b) plan, and FSA.
  • We have 44 ee's and we pay 100% premium for ee and dependents. We also pay 100% on vision for ee and dep. Health we pay 100% for ee and 85% for dep.
  • Mary,

Your company offer a great benefit package. If we paid on health what you are paying we would pay close to $125,000 a year for the group health alone. Do you offset your salaries because of the benefits. Not including the three top executives in my company, the average annual salary for the remaining 22 employees is over $36k. I personally feel that my company offers great benefits, we pay 80% of employees health coverage, we match 401k contributions 50% up to 6%, employees get 64 hours personal time a year, plus one week vacation after one year, two weeks after two, 3 weeks after five, and 4 weeks after 10. Additionally, employees are given company stock at no cost to them (one month avg salary per year for the first three years).
    Thanks for the information.
    Tina
  • Tina,

Yes we do have excellent benefits. We are a fire dept. and the BOD feels it is important to take care of the ff's. Our estimated health cost for '05 is $300,000, dental is $35,000 and vision is 10,000. We also pay for 3 different life insurances. The District also pays 8% retirement for the ff's and 4% for us in Admin. We also get 2 1/2 weeks vac, 2 personal days, 2 1/2 wks sick leave.

Salaries are not adjusted due to the health costs. Although our salaries are lower than the average for the metro area. Salaries are projected to increase 6 - 10% a year for the next 3 years to bring us more in line with the average. Our avg salary (not including senior staff) is about $38,000

Mary
  • We have 400 employees (300 eligible for benefits) and offer a DHMO and PPO. Employees pay full premium for Dental, but we do subsidize medical.
  • we are a group of 37 employees and we pay 75% of the employee dental premium - fortunately, our dental premiums are very low so we see that as an added benefit. if we were larger i'm not so sure we'd be so generous.

• We have 55 employees who have enrolled in our dental. We are self-insured through Dental Reimbursement. The employee pays 10% of what a "premium" would be. We pay an administrative fee to DR & they handle the claims & cut the checks. We were able to design the benefits to what we wanted to pay and the employee can use any dentist they want to. In our part of Ohio usually the network is very small.
  • We have 126 employees and for full time staff pay 100% of individual dental plan, plus 50% of the additional costs for family plan. We pay less for part time staff, I think it's 80% plus 40%.
    We will probably move to a straight percentage next year to keep it simple. I'm not sure yet what the percentage will be, but it will be the same for full time and part-time staff.
  • Sorry to reply so late. We are a recently unionized company. The employer used to pay 100% of dental premiums for the employee and their dependents for all employees. We have about 75 employees. Since the union contract has been signed the union employees no longer have dental insurance through the company. They have to search for their own dental insurer. The non-union employees still have their dental premiums paid for by the company.
  • We have dental. 100% premium paid by the company; $1,500 maximum benefit per year; $50 single/$150 family deductible; coinsurance 80% for minor and 60% for major; no orthodontic coverage. We have approximately 180 insureds on the plan. x:D
  • We offer dental to our employees at 100% paid by employer IF they enroll in the medical plan. Employees pay as follows: $50 single, $110 for 2 members (ee + 1) and $180 for family.

Cheryl C.