Bring Your Child To Work Day!

Today, The CEO decided that we would have Bring your child to work day, next year. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for these children?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What type of company are you? That will help decide the activities. We generally have breakfast/mini orientation with one of our Sr VPs or the CEO. We have tours of the facility, lunch with the CEO or a Sr VP and we take them to an offsite function as well.

WHat age group will they be? Make sure that the day is well structured and give several breaks during the day, make sure they have plenty of time to spend working with their parents and have some type of goodies that they can take away.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-25-03 AT 02:53PM (CST)[/font][br][br]We are a network marketing company - we sell vitamins and skin care products. We are the Corporate office and we have a Distribution Center too. This what I have so far:

The day begins in the conference room with registration and name tags, bagels/ muffins and juice.
    A welcome from the President or VP.
    A group Tour of the Facilities
    Job shadow parent
    Job shadow warehouse
    Lunch
    Job shadow parents again
    Pack their own boxes in the warehouse (suggestions dinopals, toothpaste, cleansing pads, citri-berry c, msm punch, and or goji juice)
    Meet in the conference room around 3 or 4 p.m. to see how their day was going with everyone and give them certificates saying, "I Survived a Day at FreeLife!"
    We may think about getting T-shirts
    Throughout the day we should have pictures taken of parents and children, etc...

Well, that's it and I will add more breaks... ages??? didn't think of an age requirement.
  • We do not have bring your child to work day. We are principally a manufacturing company and it is too dangerous to have children around machinery and forklifts. Having said that, if your ware house has any machinery, forklifts and/or handjacks, it is not a good idea to allow them in the warehouse.
  • we do have one forklift, no other machinery.
  • There is an offical "Take your child to work day" website which gives a lot of examples of what you can do. It also discusses what you shouldn't do, liability, etc. It may be called take your daughter to work day.
  • This wouldn't work in a manufacturing environment for safety as well as 'productivity' reasons. Our employees, on the clock, are busily engaged in the art of turning a profit for the company and a day like this would be little more than another holiday, during which nothing would be moving off the dock. In those environments where it does work, I think it's a really neat way to give the children some appreciation for what mom or dad does and surely makes the parent feel a bit pumped up too. Should be good for morale and family values both at the same time.
  • Maybe,there will be much mess in the office.
    I don`t think it`s a good way to enhance the morale in employee. On the other side,the productivity will be reduced,because you shoud pay more attention to the child.
    It`s not a good idea.