Flexible Care Spending Accounts

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 08:45AM (CST)[/font][p]We would like to offer Flexible Care Spending Accounts to our Associates. I have previously done this with other companies and need to know if this is something that we can just start up here under our pre-tax payroll processing company? Or What we need to do to get it started here?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We outsource our flexible spending accounts with Wells Fargo. Each employee pays a $2.08 service fee each paycheck and Wells Fargo does all the work. It seems like a lot of work to do it in house with all the new HIPAA regs. It's really no cost to the employer to outsource it. The only real cost is when an employee uses up all in their account and then leaves the company. But I assume that the company would be out if they did in house also. I don't know if this really answered your question or not, but hopefully it helped.
  • You will need a plan document and an SPD. Sounds like you are currently doing a premium only plan for pre-tax premiums.