Employee Recognition - What works??

Hello All,

I am currently working on a complete overhaul of our employee recognition programs. I would like to do some type of company wide motivator each month, as well as individual monthly or quarterly awards, and some on the spot. Can you let me know what you do? What are your BEST programs? Which programs are not so effective?

Thank you to all!

Leslie

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our most popular program involves activity in our Wellness Program. Employees are recognized monthly for the most paces above a baseline (conversion charts are used for activities that are not walking or running), the most inches lost and the most weight lost. We have three traveling trophies that are displayed on desks, cubicles, etc.

We also post a ribbon on a star that shows total inches lost during the program, some of them have grown quite long over an 8 month period. Finally, a monthly drawing for various prizes - three of them, for anyone who attends monthly staff meeting.

• Being a non-profit, there is not a whole lot we can do. We send out certificates of recognition of service on their anniversary date. We also have an annual recognition ceremony that gives awards for certain year milestones: 3 years - company mug, 5 years - company canvas bag, 10 years - engraved pen set or plaque, 15 years - engraved clock, 20 years - $100 gift certificate, 25 years - $500 cash award. I also make sure our quarterly newsletter has information in it about the Wellness Programs our health insurance offers and the Employee Assistance Program for which the company pays.