Summer Flexible Schedules

Ideas for approaches when handling issues of designing summer flex time? We have approximately 200 employees in an office environment with approximately 7 different units ranging from Investments, Customer service, IS, Communications etc.. Pitfalls to avoid and policies/ideas that worked? Thanks!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We employ a flextime policy year round for our employees. If you want a sample of it, let me know and I will email it to you. It works very well and allows the supervisor to make the decisions regarding flexing.
  • Linda, would you please send me a copy of your flexible schedule guidelines? My e-mail address is: [email]mcurtin@4imprint.com[/email]

Thank you!
  • We run our Summer Buddy Program from Memorial Day through the week of Labor Day. Each participating employee must find a Buddy to partner up with and make sure that that person is trained in their main job duties. Then we alternate weeks with Buddy 1 working 9 hour days Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on Friday. Buddy 2 works regular 8 hour days Monday through Friday and covers for Buddy 1 on Friday afternoon. The following week they switch. This has worked out well for us for the past three years and our employees are now asking for this program to be expanded from Spring Daylight Savings time through October. We haven't made a decision yet as to whether or not we'll expand the program. The important thing is to make sure that the proper cross-training has been done.