Carbon Monoxide Exposure

How would you record a carbon monoxide exposure on the OSHA 300 log as far as injury type is concerned? Respiratory condition? Poisoning?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would need more information as to the extent of any injury received and verified by a health care professional.

Have you conducted any monitoring of the workplace for the ppm of CO? What in the environment is giving off CO and can you control it?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-20-03 AT 03:14PM (CST)[/font][p]Safety: Thanks for the response. This was a training issue: employee used a gas powered pump indoors and didn't provide for ventilation of exhaust. Electric pumps are available in the workplace, but gas pumps need to be retained for remote locations. Training, training, training! Situation resulted in hospitalization and lost time. Just wanted to know how to classify the 'injury'.
  • Two things I would do is check and see what the actual diagnosis is. Because this is not from a long term exposure I am leaning towards reporting it as an injury as opposed to being a respitory condition. Second, just call your local regional OSHA office. As for the compliance officer on duty explain the situation and ask for their input. I have done this in the past. Document the conversation.
    My $0.02 worth.
    DJ The Balloonman