Car Accident on the way home from work

My Supervisor wanted some clarification on this subject. We had an employee get into a car accident on the way home from work. Not just one accident, but 2 accidents within 2 weeks on the same street. The accident was not on our property but close to her home. Should we have her file for Workers' Comp since she never made it home from work? She totaled both vehicles and has an attorney. Thank you for your help.
Liz

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • She totalled her car and has an attorney. She also wore blue shoes. Still the answer is NO. She is not at work and was not considered at work while commuting to her home after work. Unless on the remote chance that her home is considered an official worksite of the company and it can be shown that she was traveling between worksites for the purpose of conducting company business at the second. But, I doubt that. Her personal auto insurance policy will kick in.
  • A big ditto, and if she was at fault in the accidents you better hope she does not drive for you as part of her job functions.
    My $0.02 worth.
    DJ The Balloonman
  • Both accidents were the fault of the other driver and she does NOT drive for us. Good thing, huh? Thank you for your advice.
  • Is this the same woman who stumbled going up the stairs on the way into the building? Or is there a dark cloud just following you around?
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 05-16-03 AT 02:00PM (CST)[/font][p]Welllllllll, no it isn't the same gal, But, I fell down the same stairs on the way into work in October. I am now going in to have surgery on my knee on Monday....The gal who fell the other day has been known to copy everyone's illnesses and I guess she copies falls too. Can't wait to see if she will need surgery on her knee also. By the way, when I fell there was a big chunk of cement out of the stairs from skateboarders at night. They have since fixed the stairs and have roughed them up so that they weren't so slipper. How she fell was from loosing her footing while talking.....Can't wait to see what happens. She has been telling everyone that she fell on the same step that I did. Which happens to be untrue. I fell from the top step all the way down on my knees and shins and REALLY hurt myself. She fell from the bottom step with a little scratch on her knee. Probably more than you wanted to know but I got carried away.....Talk about a black cloud...