ADA Interactive process

Recently, we have have receive Doctor's note requesting employee be placed on a different shift (day) because of medical reasons. That is the only information provided. We are going to meet with the employee to speak with them to request further information regarding this request. Does anyone have an outline of quesitons or other format used for these conversations. Or, point me in the direct of a source for such guidance. Thanks

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think your problem can be corrected with the paperwork you accept from the doctor. They should be required to specify those job functions that the employee is unable to perform without accommodation. They can also make suggetions for accommodations, but ultimately, its the employer's decision as to how to accommodate, once they understand the obstacle the employee is facing. I'd suggest you not accept a doctor's note telling you how to run your operations. Alot of times, doctors just don't understand & write whatever their patient tells them to write. I've found that when they get the 4 - 5 page questionnaire for ADA accommodations, they take what they're writing down a lot more seriously.

I recently got a doctor's note that said "Ms. Employee can only travel 2 days per week." When I pushed for the complete information on what specific job functions she was unable to perform for what reason, she dropped the matter. She was just tired of traveling.